Windows 7 messed up?

TechHead

2[H]4U
Installed Windows 7 Pro on my new SSD. It works fine for 25-30 minutes or so, during which I installed my graphics drivers, WinRAR and my Xonar drivers.

After half an hour or so, no app works unless compatibility mode is selected, for Windows XP SP3. Windows Update does not respond, when I right click and go to "Personalize", the machine stays busy before giving a "Server Not Responding" error.

I believe this has something to do with a corrupt user profile. I tried creating a new user from Control Panel, no go. Mind you, all these apps work just fine in Safe Mode.

Any idea what the issue might be?

What Xonar drivers are you using? Asus put out a set of drivers that caused this issue for me. Uninstall the sound card driver and see if the problem goes away. Well, it wasn't the driver itself, it was the Audio Center software.

have any of the windows updates run? I had a windows update do the same thing. When i get home ill post the update name.

I'm using the Essence STX drivers modified by someone to work on the DX. Should I just get the new ones?

Back