Windows 7 Media Center & WHS

Cool1Net6

Limp Gawd
Hello [H]...

I have Windows 7 Pro x86 and a Windows Home Server. I am trying to make them play nice together in Windows 7 Media Center.

I added my music directory to Media Center, but then MC started editing all of my music files with wrong album art, small/low-res album art, screwing up all of my ID3 tags, etc. even though I explicitly told it not to. After removing the folder from the library and fixing everything, I changed the permissions on my WHS to set my Music folder as Read only (for my account), and re-added it to Media Center. This works perfectly; MC figures out the album art and tags as it should, without changing crap. However, I am stuck with a Music folder I can't edit when I am NOT using Media Center. I can't edit my music in Windows Explorer, Winamp, etc...

How do I fix this? Is there a way I can block Media Center (externally) from editing my files, AND still have write access to them outside of Media Center?

When I add the Media Center Connector software from my WHS, do those permissions supercede the permissions of the account I am using?

-Cool-

Back