Windows 7 login...can you return to old style for multiple users

YeOldeStonecat

[H]F Junkie
For computers that are shared amongst multiple users, anyone found a way to bring back the old style login? Where the ctrl+alt+del screen is avail..user just types in their username in the top, password obviously, and the domain is already in the 3rd line.

With Vista you could bring that back, but AFAIK is Win7..no such option?

For me and semi-savvy users, no problem going to "other user"..and typing in
user: "Domainmane\Username" and then the password.
But for tons of users....they are getting confused by that.

Found this, seems to do what you're looking for. But I don't have a domain set up here, so I can't verify that it works the way you're asking.

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t47.html

nice, I'll have to remember this! I currently support 3 sites with multiple users per machine. Although we haven't gone to Win7 yet (no clue why), that will certainly come in handy.

I will give it a shot..but I think that's the trick I remember for getting it back in Vista only...it won't work in Win7. I'll try in an hour or so on another rig I'm setting up.

I just tried it on my Win7 Ultimate install, and it asked for a username and password.

if joined to domain you do not need to type in domain\user

as long as user isn't local onto the system you are good.

I just tried it on my Win7 Ultimate install, and it asked for a username and password.

Yeah it didn't change much...still mostly GUI...it just automates the 3rd part...logging into the domain. So it did a little bit, but I was hoping for the old school login to be able to come back.

Yeah it didn't change much...still mostly GUI...it just automates the 3rd part...logging into the domain. So it did a little bit, but I was hoping for the old school login to be able to come back.

That's probably gone for good, unless you change GINAs.

I hate Gina. She can be a real bitch sometimes...

Back