Windows 7 keeps booting to startup repair

crawlgsx

[H]ard|Gawd
All that has changed since this started happening was I got a 7970. Doesn't seem like that would be the problem but it is literally the only thing that has changed. I have since done 4 clean windows installs. The first 3 with Last7 V5.2, the last (and current) with regular windows 7 Ultimate.

Randomely I will turn my computer on after being gone a while and when I come back it is in startup repair. it fails to repair anything every time, I shutdown and reboot and the computer boots fine.

I have run checkdisk and smart (and various other utilities, ssd life etc) on my SSD and my other hard drives and all seem to pass with flying colors.

I have 4 hard drives, the Crucial M4 SSD, 2 750gb 2.5" 7200rpm in raid 1, and a 1tb 2.5" 7200rpm. (all 3 are western digital).

I thought when it first happened the problem may have been my velociraptors since they were getting older (I had 4 of them in raid 10) so I pulled them out since I wasn't really using them anyway and replaced them with the 2 750gb raid 1.

I am at a loss for what could be causing this.

Have you run Memtest? Tried downloading a different ISO of Windows 7 and burning it at a slower speed? Different power supply?

Memtest good, have run it a few times. Originally this problem was on Last7 which I install via usb. my last 2 installs were by cd, 1 Last7 and the latest plain Windows 7 ultimate.

i have not tried a new psu but i have a 4 month old Enermax Maxrevo 1350w so I'd be very surprised if that was the problem.

Memtest good, have run it a few times. Orignally this problem was on Last7 which I install bia usb. my last 2 installs were by cd, 1 Last7 and the latest plain Windows 7 ultimate.

i have not tried a new psu but i have a 4 month old Enermax 1350w so Id be very surprised if that was the problem.

Have you checked the Event Viewer?

I am getting 2 errors.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin64\SetACL64.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Once I got in to windows (after a reboot)

I get:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

I see I have had one of these every time I boot.

When windows attempts to repair I am getting this:

booterror.jpg

It doesn't repair anything. I reboot and it boots fine.

Back