Windows 7 is now on Technet

That retarded and you know it.
That would be a different action, wouldn't it?

Annoying people is not the answer. Intelligent protection is required, not blanket clicking YES 20 times before you can get to work every damn time you turn on the computer.

If you are getting that many prompts in Win7, no offense, but you are doing or there's something wrong. You can try to see if there is an update to your program that does not need Administrative rights.

That retarded and you know it.
That would be a different action, wouldn't it?

Annoying people is not the answer. Intelligent protection is required, not blanket clicking YES 20 times before you can get to work every damn time you turn on the computer.

What's retarded is the claim you get 20 clicks before turning on your computer :rolleyes:

I run Windows Vista and Windows 7 24/7 personally. I'm LUCKY if I get 1 prompt a day. And most people on here would agree to the same point.

yep but to be user friendly you should not get any.

poor planning and implementation .. a MS usual

because microsoft totally has a magic wand that lets them know when you want to install something or when its malicious....... :rolleyes:

They followed this in XP. But it's totally obvious people can't be trusted to run their own stuff...

Have you ever stopped to wonder why infection rates since Vista have gone WAY down?

with technet is it 10 V7 installs or 10 of each, like home and ultimate?

They followed this in XP. But it's totally obvious people can't be trusted to run their own stuff...

Have you ever stopped to wonder why infection rates since Vista have gone WAY down?

Yeah, the people that bitch about UAC don't realize that it's not Vista or Windows 7 that's causing the issue. It's their crappy coded software that wants admin rights to run. I've tossed every bit of software that requires admin rights constantly and replaced it with either new versions of the same software that have been corrected or I find another vendor or open source alternative.

I was talking about Vista, not Win 7, sorry for the confusion.
Still, Win 7 still asks me for permission to run the same programs every day.

I was talking about Vista, not Win 7, sorry for the confusion.
Still, Win 7 still asks me for permission to run the same programs every day.

You can add programs to the exception list so that it won't prompt you again for those programs.

Yeah I want to know this too, I'm sick of getting 3 prompts for RivaTuner every time I boot up.

My point is that there is no such thing ;) At least that I'm aware of. Think about the security exploits THAT would bring about.

What specific programs are you referring to?

I'd like to know that too so I can add that software to my Do Not Use list. However, the one thing I've noticed over time is that people who claim UAC gets in the way never answer this question...

with technet is it 10 V7 installs or 10 of each, like home and ultimate?

10 of each - even 10 of Windows 7 Starter :)

I figure I'm good to go for my "evaluation" - 10 Home Premium, 10 Professional, and 10 Ultimate should be enough.

Back