Windows 7 good for Tablet PC's?

VulcaN

[H]ard|Gawd
I saw windows 7 had better handwriting recognition and features over Vista...

Anything else that really stands out?

I assume you're talking tablet features. Two words, hell yes!

The two things that I like. The TIP is MUCH better and inking is noticeably more fluid. If you like the tablet pc, 7 is a MUST HAVE upgrade. There's a fair amount on this topic out there.

The new on-screen keyboard is leagues better. If your tablet supports multi-touch (i.e. isn't a Lenovo), those features are quite convienient as well. The new writing input is excellent....it's an all-around more polished experience. Maybe not quite as big as the jump from XP (crap) to Vista (surprisingly great on tablets), but a big jump.

Maybe not quite as big as the jump from XP (crap) to Vista (surprisingly great on tablets), but a big jump.

If you count multi-touch its a BIGGER jump than XP to Vista. The TIP has made its biggest change since the intro of tablet pcs.

Lenovo should be sued for the fact that they call it Multi-Touch when it isn't - it's a single-touch screen with pen support. Apparently both pen and finger support make it "multi" touch in their eyes. Multi-touch is support for multiple fingers, like a decent capacitive screen on the Latitude XT/XT2 or some of HP's tablets.

I own an X200 tablet. I'm still highly unamused about it not being Multitouch when Lenovo made that claim.

is there a dedicated tablet version or are people just using the standard RC?

Tablet functionality is now integrated with Vista and Windows 7, it's no longer a separate release as it was with "Windows XP Tablet Edition 2002/2005."

Back