Windows 7 Folder Sharing

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
1. How do I get rid of (unshare) that shared folder "Users"?

2. How do I get it to stop asking for a username and password? I already bubbled in "Turn off password protected sharing"!

Thanks.

TheGamerZ

Supreme [H]ardness
Users should not be shared. But you can right click on it > share with > nobody

PHiZ

Limp Gawd
C:\users may be shared even if you do not turn on Public Folder Sharing. I believe it was turned on in my case when I enabled File and Printer Sharing.

It is shared to the Everyone group. Some documentation appears to say that Windows7 restricts sharing of C:\Users to Homegroup computers (users?) I do not see the mechanism that does this unless the Everyone group only includes authenticated users.

I dunno, I find this frustrating and stupid. Good one MS.

"Users" was automatically shared on both of my windows 7 PCs and shows up in Network Neighborhood. If you right click that folder and go to the sharing tab you can un-share it. I've done it on both my PCs and haven't noticed any side affects from doing it. I have XP PCs on my network and don't use Homegroup, I only wanted one folder shared on each PC.

PHiZ

Limp Gawd
I've done it on both my PCs and haven't noticed any side affects from doing it. I have XP PCs on my network and don't use Homegroup, I only wanted one folder shared on each PC.

Thank you, this saves me some time for checking that out.