Windows 7 fails to wake up from sleep

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi folks. I'm having a little weird problem. This is a new system and you can see the specs in my sig. Everything is going well, and there are no problems whatsoever, except for a little weird one. Whenever the pc goes to sleep, it will not come back to life normally. I'll just have to restart it. This is what happens exactly:

Note: It doesn't happen if the PC just went to sleep, i.e. it will wake up if for example it went for sleep like a 5 seconds ago.

I come after a long day at work, and the PC will be sleeping. I'll move the mouse and the screen will come back up but only the mouse is responsive. I can only move the mouse cursor....That's all. If I press Ctrl Alt Del to enter task manager, it will bring me that page where I can choose task manager, log off, switch user...etc. And that will be it. I will not be able to do anything after that. The whole PC will freeze(after I click on task manager for example) and i will no longer be able to even move the mouse or hit Ctrl Alt Del combination to get into task manager.

I thought this might be because of my overclocking but it happened even at stock settings so it is not overclocking related. The only thing I can do is to fully disable sleep mode in both windows and BIOS(I think) to overcome this. This is just a workaround and not a solution.

Anybody have seen this before in windows 7 ? Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks.

1: test your hdd with hd tune or hd sentinel to see it there are any communication or sector problems.
2: disable all background programs and see if the problem continues. if not start adding stuff back unit it happens again.
3: update your bios.
4: my preference, stop using sleep mode and turn it off. it can't take that long to boot?!

stand by/sleep mode has always been a PITA!!

unplug any usb devices you might have plugged in at the time.

Back