Windows 7 Drivers for HP Pavilion DV7-1175NR Notebook

trparky

Gawd
I have an HP Pavilion DV7-1175NR notebook and I'm wondering if anyone has spotted Windows 7 Drivers for this notebook anywhere on the Internet. I've done some Googling and found nothing.

Simple answer:

Windows 7 is not out yet, so do not expect to find Windows 7 drivers until at least October 22nd, and actually I'd say expect them later on during the year.

If you're running Windows 7 on a machine currently, obviously that's one issue and the age of the hardware is another (even if you just bought it yesterday) simply for that reason: Windows 7 ain't out yet.

Hardware manufacturers (meaning companies that make the hardware that HP then uses to make a laptop) aren't going to provide final drivers till it's "final" and on the market. They're already getting hammered for support for drivers on an OS that isn't even out yet (and MSDN and TechNet subscribers don't count - an OS is "out" when it's out on store shelves or people can buy a brand new PC with the OS installed on it).

If you have a laptop that came out before today, don't automagically expect that HP or Dell or Gateway or IBM or any other OEM is going to necessarily provide Windows 7 drivers for those older products, even if you just bought it today. If the laptop is that new, and if it was purchased inside the "free upgrade to Windows 7" period (which is currently open) then yes, you can expect to see such "Windows 7" labeled drivers come October 22nd, but anything outside that date, or anything that doesn't qualify for that free Windows 7 upgrade... forget it.

Stick with the Vista drivers as they are effectively the same in pretty much every hardware category and should - note I'm saying they should work just fine.

I hope people read this and understand it because, from now till Windows 7 is officially "out" this kind of question is going to start cropping up over and over and over again like the damned Energizer bunny...

Last edited:
Back