Windows 7 Drivers for an older Creative Sound Blaster

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I just installed 7 on my main rig as a dual boot and I was wondering why they left out drivers for my Creative Sound Blaster Live! Platinum with a live Drive IR. I have a Intel G31 series motherboard and the on board audio to put in plainly sucks. Do drivers exist for this card for Windows 7 or do I have to take it out and use the crappy on board audio? This really surprises me as XP picks up the card no problem
Thanks

I can't find drivers that properly function with my new Creative sound card in Windows 7, good luck.

Ya I think you are SOL. Creative is not so good with the driver support. Hell took them forever to get Vista drivers that didn't cause BSODs for their latest and greatest X-Fi cards. Their answer will probably be (if you can upgrade your OS, you can upgrade your audio card).

Other than the Vista driver, there's supposedly a driver on Windows Update titled "WDM EMU10K1" that supports the Live. Set your update options to include hardware and recommended updates; see what happens. Otherwise look in the Microsoft Update catalog.

I can't find drivers that properly function with my new Creative sound card in Windows 7, good luck.

You must be clueless then...mine is working fine in XP, Vista x64 and Win7 x64..with drivers from the creative website :rolleyes:

You must be clueless then...mine is working fine in XP, Vista x64 and Win7 x64..with drivers from the creative website :rolleyes:

Have you tried recording, or using your mic in a program. My audigy output sounds fine, but the mic port in win7 is all screwy, sound is all garbled.

Have you tried recording, or using your mic in a program. My audigy output sounds fine, but the mic port in win7 is all screwy, sound is all garbled.

I don't use the mic-port, I use the mic in my Orb Sphere cam.

BTW for all of those that need WIN7 or Vista support for EMU10k1 based soundcards, you can just extract the files from the X-Fi installer package and get them from there.... At least that is how it worked last time I had to do it.

Of for the Live! cards, the drivers extracted from the Audigy driver set should work just fine also.

Both the Live! and the Audigy are based on the same EMU10k1 chip and thus the Live! cards should work fine with the Audigy drivers.

for windows 7 drivers also check out the creative forums. daniel_k is doing a lot of updates for different things again for creative drivers, though he no longer is hacking them to my knowledge. it took my a couple tries with different drivers from the forums for my audigy 2zs but finally got it working and without any crackling sounds. so you might check there as well.http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board?board.id=soundblaster

Back