Windows 7 BSOD - solved.

gibber

Gawd
I was getting all sorts of weird different errors - page faults, and a half dozen different errors. Started out once every few days, then it seemed to get more and more frequent.

I think it's software (driver) related because system load / GPU load didn't seem to affect it.

The most recent change I had made was replacing an ATi 4670 (which used Windows 7 built in drivers) with a 5770 (which you have to manually download drivers for).

I uninstalled the drivers and the video card, rebooted, shut down, put my 4670 back in (drivers all setup automatically for this card) and now the system seems stable again.

I was also getting a rediculous amount of "not responding" and "had an error and had to close" problems with IE and Firefox - don't know if those were related because they were so bad they drove me to switch to Opera.

I'm digging the latest version of Opera now, prob. might never tried it again if not for the problems with FF and IE :)

System: Windows 7 x64 Professional, Intel E7400 on Gigabyte EP45-UD3P, 2x Corsair Ballistix DDR2-800 PC2-6400 1GB

Last edited:
Back