Windows 7 Beta Goes Public

The C4C method still works. I opened 6 tabs and used a greasemonkey script to auto-refresh when it sees the error message. Only took about 30 mins until a key for 64-bit version popped up. I planned on cracking it but I guess now I don't have to. *shrug*

Ugh, 8 window's all refreshing every 5 seconds for the last 3 hours and nothing. Getting to the point to say screw this.

Ok. I have finished Installing it.(Without Key). Here's my Report.
Download time 2:30 hrs@350 kbps.
The rest goes with pictures:
Just check the Times on the Watch for reference to the Install time. The error is +- 1 min.

What? Vista? OMG WHYYYYYYY?!!!!!
BTW I tried VMWARE 6.5 beforehand and it recognizes the Image as Vista x64
011020091557.jpg

HTML:
<br>
OK, If you have already install it you know it goes directly to Expanding and then takes about a minute to start Expanding. This one is right before that:

011020091561.jpg

HTML:
<br>
Expanding 100%. Then is Done!! Goood!

011020091562.jpg

HTML:
<br>
Then it goes immediately to Installing Features and then through updates and straight to Configuring, here are some more. The time is 2:26 BTW:

011020091563.jpg

HTML:
<br>
Then its first Reboot:

011020091564.jpg

HTML:
<br>
ATACK OF THE REGISTRY, UGHHH!!!

011020091566.jpg

HTML:
<br>
Configuring....AGAIN!!!
011020091567.jpg

HTML:
<br>

Four Entire Minutes Later, is still Windows BABYYYY!!!

011020091568.jpg

HTML:
<br>
And We are sent back to the POST screen:

011020091570.jpg

HTML:
<br>

OMG!!! Is it gonna be done now? Only 21 Minutes? Could it Be possible?!

011020091571.jpg

HTML:
<br>
NO You're wrong it still has to configure an account, network, drivers, bla, bla,bla , etc, etc.

011020091572.jpg

HTML:
<br>
And the Internet Time for The Pacific Coast is 2:28 not 2:40
011020091573.jpg

HTML:
<br>

This one was taken at the black out right after it finishes configuring, Everything? Is it so?
011020091574.jpg

HTML:
<br>
The Welcome Screen, we were right.
011020091575.jpg

HTML:
<br>
A whole 28 Minutes Later the Install is Done. And you were telling me about downloading updates at the install? New drivers needed man.

011020091577.jpg

HTML:
<br>
Here's the [H] I'm still trying to get me a key though.

HARD.png

And that's it for the install I'll post CPU-Z photos along with incompatibility issues and other stuff

These links work for your key, but you need to be signed in to live or whatever, then refresh each 1 a few times. Just got my key from the first link. THANK YOU for the links. Tried all afternoon and got squat!

Larry

No man they don't they redirect to the Windows 7 main page or the Microsoft Main Page.
Anyone has the links to do some c4c?

Thank You!!!

I found an alternate link and some mirrors.... getting about 800K / sec download now.

The X64 version is like 3.15 Gb... Please confirm.

Well, got it installed on my vista test box. Going to do more testing and setup this morning

Some of you guys must just be some lucky SOBs. I tried using the c4c method. Had 6 tabs open. Each set to refresh every 15 seconds. Started this about 11:30pm last night. Woke up about 3:30 so I gave it a check. No key, but a few of the tabs had switched to a page not found page, so I restarted those. went back to bed, got up this morning and here it is 7:40 and still no keys on any of the tabs. I was trying for the 64-bit key, maybe I should have tried for both and seen if maybe the 32-bit would have given me better luck.

On-topic: the keys are tied to your Windows Live account, yes, and the TechNet "trick" from earlier should also, so... all those multiple keys are just being wasted which is what I have issues with.

no one is getting multiple keys, if you had been paying attention everyone that has said they got multiple keys has later come back and said "Oh, they are all the same"

Seriously, I've been trying all night. I was hoping to get one for my dad and I but if I can only get one I'll just give it to my dad.

going on 3hrs here...no keys...:(

i also accidentally canceled my download like an idiot and had to start over...twice...dammit

i hate my 768 DSL right now...with a passion

I installed Windows 7 beta (64-bit) on and old and slow hard drive. The installation was quicker and overall speed faster than Vista (32-bit).

The operating system accepted Nvidia GeForce drivers flawlessly. I installed The Sims 2 (CD version) and patched it with the latest patch. The game worked without any problems. I had to install it two times, though, because the installer hung up when asking the fourth CD.

Intel chipset driver for Vista did not install. "Your operating system is not supported."

I like the new features, mostly. The system feels responsive and looks good.

For some reason it is not possible to have that plain Windows 2000 look any more. I don't like the circus type Start menu or fancy Taskbar. Actually, the bottom of the screen looks ugly. I hope that Microsoft will bring back an option to have the old style visuals.

Another odd thing is that it is not possible to change all user interface effects per user account. They must be changed by system administrator and it affects all users. At least it worked this way in my tests.

However, Windows 7 looks a step in the right direction.

i am attempting to install right now. it gets to a screen that shows the mouse curor and says windows 7 for evaluation only in the lower right, any guesses?

Downloading at 2.5 megs a second on my FioS connection at the moment. I'm debating installing right away, or waiting about a week. My friend installed last night and started messing around, he's loving it so far.

He owns a business and bought one of the bulk license packs with Microsoft that allows you to generate keys for all their software, he didn't have to wait to get his. He said he'll generate me one if I want. So I'm going to wait and see how his system holds up and then maybe try it out.

He did say he was able to transfer about 52gb over his home network in about 14 minutes. Much faster than what he could do on Vista he said.

Actually, the bottom of the screen looks ugly. I hope that Microsoft will bring back an option to have the old style visuals.

Change the taskbar to use small Icons and it looks MUCH better IMO

From this

4496799533880876664.jpg

To this

654330134614445261.jpg

Hmm, where's the edit button?

I'm having a problem. I keep getting redirected to the Windows live search error page...every single time with my account. I created another account...same problem. I'm logged in to technet and everything. Copied and pasted address into the address bar in Firefox and IE, same problem.
Anyone have a solution?

Jesus frickin Christ, Enduring_Warrior! Even at 2304x1440 your post is ridiculously huge. Thumbnails, man, thumbnails!

ha, holy fuck, right after I posted the above I hit refresh and bam...there it is.

Nice. :)

Hey guys! Check it! Microsoft has got it together or something. Site is working with no error page now!

I can confirm it still works! Just got my keys for 64-bit and 32-bit! Took me about 1 hour with 3 tabs of c4c running every 5 seconds. :)

someone let me know if Enduring_Warrior resizes his pics so I can take him off ignore

no one is getting multiple keys, if you had been paying attention everyone that has said they got multiple keys has later come back and said "Oh, they are all the same"

I just got the keys after 1 1/2 hours of C4C refreshing 9 tabs. I got 5 distinct keys so this statement isn't entirely true...

I just got the keys after 1 1/2 hours of C4C refreshing 9 tabs. I got 5 distinct keys so this statement isn't entirely true...

That's changed since last night, I just got the same key over and over again, just tried it again and getting different keys.

I believe it's tied to your account. I've managed to get 5 x64 keys. After that, it just keeps repeating the same keys over and over. Similar situation for 32 bit. Heh, time to pass on some keys to friends.

It's weird though. I had to login to a very old hotmail account (8 or 9 years old?) in order to get to the page. Otherwise, my recent accounts would redirect to some lame Microsoft live search error.

That's changed since last night, I just got the same key over and over again, just tried it again and getting different keys.

damn no edit button.....Average_Joe should be along any time now to rant and rave about people getting multiple keys.

i got a key (i only need one) but i can't install now :( guess i will try to burn at a lower speed

Had 7 tabs open and all of them just went through using c4c, 3 keys were different, 4 were repeats.

damn no edit button.....Average_Joe should be along any time now to rant and rave about people getting multiple keys.

I got one on my primary personal account and my work account and they were the same. I got a different one on my alternate personal account. I'm guessing they have a limited number of keys they are handing out and they probably don't have activation limits on them.

Back