Windows 7 Beta Goes Public

Wow - I could imagine :(

You said that your hitting the refreshing on 3 PCs? Maybe try it on only one to see if you can free up your connection a bit?.... (just a thought)

Yeah, I keep getting a search page when I hit refresh after getting the error page.

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
See below for search results close to your request, or try a new search.We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
See below for search results close to your request, or try a new search.We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
See below for search results close to your request, or try a new search.

FINALLY! Almost 9 hours after I start, I get a key. It's 32 bit though, but I assume it will work in 64 bit as well?

I want to try it on my netbook, but I want to test it on a 64 bit machine

And...my 32 bit ISO just timed out again. I don't understand why it keeps doing that...this has to be the 20th time.

People are getting Windows Update to work ?

:confused:
I've got Win7 installed on my laptop and I've been able to use windows update. It took a few tries and I wound up going there directly in IE then it started working for me.
:cool:

FINALLY! Almost 9 hours after I start, I get a key. It's 32 bit though, but I assume it will work in 64 bit as well?

I want to try it on my netbook, but I want to test it on a 64 bit machine

Yes, it will work. That website with the download links claimed that 64-bit keys work wiht 32-bit installations and vice versa

Oh this is really annoying. Refreshing the page a billion times, and occasionally it takes a while, and I get hopeful, but error message as usual.

Anyone have a key they want to PM me?

The only flaw I think is, with torrents, is that you don't know if its real or not. I heard alot of stories about fake torrents out there that were just Windows Vista or the torrents contained viruses.

Oh this is really annoying. Refreshing the page a billion times, and occasionally it takes a while, and I get hopeful, but error message as usual.

Anyone have a key they want to PM me?

i'm still trying to get mine :(

Hey, whattayaknow, even now it works; key is issued.

The d/l can take its own time now :D

Ugh its taking forever to finish installing on my laptop...

....I really want to see when the official version comes out. I'm just afraid of the price tag ;)

Question - is the failure screen "
The site is currently experiencing technical difficulties, please check back in the next business day." or is it the search one? From someone who has got through ...

Silverlight enabled or disabled?

my d/l is down to 25 minutes left. but if you want, you can try to get a key for me ;)

i think the keys are tied to your login.
i received 3 keys, but they are all the same.
unless its one static key for everyone, i pretty sure thats how it works.

i think the keys are tied to your login.
i received 3 keys, but they are all the same.
unless its one static key for everyone, i pretty sure thats how it works.

so what do you recommend to get a key? if i understand what you are saying then MS must hate my live id... because im going on 2 hours of refreshing..

Do you guys think id be crazy reformatting my pc and install this as the primary OS? Right now Ive got Vista 64 and it works like a dream. I just bought this Vista like 4 weeks ago, This kinda ticks me off.

Do you guys think id be crazy reformatting my pc and install this as the primary OS? Right now Ive got Vista 64 and it works like a dream. I just bought this Vista like 4 weeks ago, This kinda ticks me off.

No, because that's what I ATTEMPTED TO DO but accidentally installed Windows 7 WITH Windows Vista HP, thous ought to be fun...

so what do you recommend to get a key? if i understand what you are saying then MS must hate my live id... because im going on 2 hours of refreshing..

yeah, sorry. i couldnt edit the post in time.
i meant is that if he gave you a key, it would be his key. (tied to his account)

not sure if it really matters, now that i think about it......

I just reinstalled my Vista earlier this week.. I wiped it clean and installed the 64 bit Win7... now for a key...

For people who can't get a key, there are TWO links to get a key from:

I got mine from this one, it is x64, but it loaded up perfectly just a minute ago:
https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-64/enus/default.aspx

This one is posted in the blog "How-To Receive a Valid Windows 7 key" but it wouldn't load up for me.
https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/scripts/gcs.aspx?Product=tn-win7-64-ww&LCID=1033

Try EACH of these to get your key.

These links work for your key, but you need to be signed in to live or whatever, then refresh each 1 a few times. Just got my key from the first link. THANK YOU for the links. Tried all afternoon and got squat!

Larry

These links work for your key, but you need to be signed in to live or whatever, then refresh each 1 a few times. Just got my key from the first link. THANK YOU for the links. Tried all afternoon and got squat!

Larry

the second link redirects to the first ;)

Back