Windows 7 Beta Goes Public

Well, I can attest to the fact that the method still works... albeit with some persistence required.

still trying, one ie window up for 32bit and one for 64bit. since either key will work for either version ;)

we need vista 64bit drivers, right?

that blog says that one key will work for both versions. Anyone know if this is true? I really want to play with both versions, but I can't get the 32-bit key :).

This sucks..... I am in W7 right now running flawlessly however i still need a x64 key... i wonder if using the IE8 beta to try and get the key is not working.

firefox 3.03 is working great

windows 7 had the drivers i needed for my system but it shows my extreme N wireless card as 54Mbps when vista shows it at 300Mbps

and i guess igot lucky with the key page because i signed in copied the link and bang got my key.

i imagine that since it is a spruced up version of Vista most appz that work in vista will work in Windows 7

has anyone tried vid card drivers for nvidia or ati yet?

once i get it downloaded and manage to get a key, i'll try the ati drivers

well google chrome freaks out even in compatibility mode..after install W7 automatically picked up my assached but not used sony bravia and automatically extended my desktop to it. Kind of cool

i wonder if windows home server connector will install and run................

Link in the blog isnt working. Have been refreshing it for 15 min now. Trying to get the 64bit version.

windows update has new windows 7 nvidia drivers

this is from nvidia's website

NVIDIA drivers for Windows 7 Beta

NVIDIA drivers for the Windows 7 Beta release can be downloaded directly from Microsoft’s Windows Update service.

Instructions:

1. After a fresh installation of the Windows 7 Beta, click on the Start button.
2. Click Windows Update (it will be pinned to the top of the start menu). You can also type “Windows Update” into the start menu Search to locate Windows Update.
3. Within Windows Update, locate and install the NVIDIA driver update (it will either be an important update or an optional update depending on your system).

man what the hell..... i got it to give me 3 keys, but i cant get the download button to work, it forwards me to the Windows 7 product page....??????

Well, I have been at it since 2pm EST and have the os installed and running (im in vista now) but still trying to get a key have chrome IE and FFox with 10 tabs in each refreshing to no avail.

man what the hell..... i got it to give me 3 keys, but i cant get the download button to work, it forwards me to the Windows 7 product page....??????

Use the links in this thread. They're a ways back. Just search the thread for "direct download" or something.

Mac[X-D];1033573097 said:
windows update has new windows 7 nvidia drivers

this is from nvidia's website

Tried to confirm this just now but I'm getting nothing. Win 7 x64 with an Nvidia 8600GT 512MB card, currently using the WHQL 181.20, but the funny thing is it shows as DirectX 8.1 in the Nvidia driver properties. :D Talk about a booboo...

I'm getting the errors still.

I've been at this for almost 9 hours now, it's driving me nuts.

Follow pedros links, they work! im installing windows 7 on my laptop right now!

I've been using those links for an hour and a half...and still nothing. My ass is falling asleep.

(But, itnerestingly enough, the x64 version runs quite well in VMWare w/ just 512mb RAM...now if only I had a key for it)

I've been using those links for an hour and a half...and still nothing. My ass is falling asleep.

(But, itnerestingly enough, the x64 version runs quite well in VMWare w/ just 512mb RAM...now if only I had a key for it)

Dam - sorry ot hear its not working out. What got me to have them give me my key was stubbornness - I kept refreshing and then got the ISO file.

Dam - sorry ot hear its not working out. What got me to have them give me my key was stubbornness - I kept refreshing and then got the ISO file.

I've got the stubbornness thing going. 3 computers I'm hitting reload tabs one. I've got virtual machines, IE, Firefox...I'm sending in roughly 40 refresshes every 5 seconds....and nothing. Imagine how frustrating this is given that it's been since a little after 7 (I had to get up and eat food)

For people who can't get a key, there are TWO links to get a key from:

I got mine from this one, it is x64, but it loaded up perfectly just a minute ago:
https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-64/enus/default.aspx

This one is posted in the blog "How-To Receive a Valid Windows 7 key" but it wouldn't load up for me.
https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/scripts/gcs.aspx?Product=tn-win7-64-ww&LCID=1033

Try EACH of these to get your key.

both of these bring up some dumb ass search page

Tried to confirm this just now but I'm getting nothing. Win 7 x64 with an Nvidia 8600GT 512MB card, currently using the WHQL 181.20, but the funny thing is it shows as DirectX 8.1 in the Nvidia driver properties. :D Talk about a booboo...

i ran windows update and it downloaded new nvidia drivers

driver version 7.15.11.7923

Back