Windows 7 Beta 1 and Video Cards Post your experience.

Far Cry 2 crashes to Desktop If you drive switching between zones for a long period. Right after doing a LOT of HDD loading.
Might be a problem with the HDD I'll keep you updated.

W7 beta x-64 version, C2D e6300 at 3.1 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 8800 GTX, 22" Dell at 1600 x 1080

No problems

Loaded the drivers right off the update.

I don't necessarily think this offers anything over Vista and I was surprised there was no email client included.
Just looks like a more mature Vista.

If you ever run Vista for everything and Gaming and notice the bunch of Boloney it has on top, then you realize that's what this is. Hopefully they nail it this time around.

181.20 whql driverswindows 7 64-bit

I have multimonitor problems when gaming. I use three monitors with differing resolutions.

When I start up a game, my windows and desktop icons fly to different monitors and the game doesn't start up right away. when it does, it starts minimized and I have to click it in the task bar to start.

I go into Condom 5 and the game plays for a couple of secs then it goes black shimmers and then returns to normal.. Caused me to get shot more than once.

Condom 4 and L4D work great. Scaling worked out of the box.

I installed win7 x64 on a comp with an 8600GT and a 6200GT, the 8600GT is powering a 24" and a 17" LCD, and the 6200GT is powering a 3rd 17" monitor.

The OS detected the setup right away, and everything seemed to be working great, but when i launch an application or do something in explorer the screen freezes then flickers, and then i get a notification saying the video driver stopped working and has recovered. Then I continue about my business. It doesn't happen every time but it has happened 4 times since I installed it 1.5hr ago,

This same issue used to happen on vista x64 once every few weeks, a lot less frequent.

*********************Okay, I found the overscan fix for Windows 7 after navigating many google searches.*********************

I did the following registry edit for my GTX260 and LG246WP:

**Obtain the EDID numbers from your monitor using the Phoenix Utility (for those using the LG246WP, the first four numbers are 1E,6D,3F,56)

1. Let Windows 7 update the Nvidia drivers through Windows Update or download them from Nvidia.
2. Run regedit and go here: HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video
3. Check each subfolder called "0000" until you see:
>Settings
>Uninstall
>Volatilesettings
4. Once you find that, click the "0000" and select "new" followed by "binary value"
5. Rename the value to OverrideEdidFlags0 and hit enter/okay
6. Right click OverrideEdidFlags0 and select "Modify Binary Data"
7. Don't mind the "0000" already in the key- just manually type in "1E,6D,3F,56,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00" without the quotation marks/commas and click okay. If you are using a different monitor than the LG246WP, the first four values (or maybe all) of that string will be different.
8. Close regedit and reboot. Your overscan problems should be fixed.

I've attached a picture of my registry edit: http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7462/regsp6.jpg

More info here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...ows 7&st=100

am not gaming on my PC anymore, its been yrs, waiting for starcraft and diablo release to get me back in the PC gaming..

anyhow i ran w7 with my old ati x1300 pro, it ran fine on that, now i have a bfg 9800 gxt+ oc dell 20 Ultrasharp, dell 23 and its great no problems so far and am using w7 as my main OS,..

thanks

Back