Windows 7 apps load but don't show

reasons

Limp Gawd
I just installed windows 7 from a student download page. The burn was good and the md5sums matched up so I'm don't believe that can be the problem.

What happens when I launch, say internet explorer, it will think for a good 5 seconds and then do nothing. Open the task manager and there are no programs running, okay. But if I look under processes there is iexplorer.exe running. If I try again, now two are running. I can do this as often as I like. Then other programs open fine such as explorer or any of the games, there doesn't seem to be a pattern.

The only thing I can think of is it all worked fine on the first run and then I installed audio drivers (asus xonar stx) then upon reboot this started but I'm skeptical as to how that could cause anything.

Since it is a brand new install, I'd probably just wipe the drive and start over. It would probably be quicker than trying to track down a solution or a fix. The good news is, this is why you get 30 days before you should put in the key and try to activate!

Back