Enduring_Warrior

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi everybody,

I have the following Issue.

IDE0-Master Windows Xp
Slave DVD
IDE1-Master Windows7
Salve-None

So far I have to get into my BIOS and configure manually the booting hard drive.
How can I make my system use a multiboot menu after POST?
Prefer to Avoid GRUB or LILO and stick to Windows alternatives.

Thank You,

unless you have an extremely old motherboard, you should be able to press F12 during post to get the boot selection menu of your motherboard and pick the hard drive to boot.
So, you don't have to enter the BIOS every time.

You can give priority to the OS that you boot most of the time in the BIOS. Then, most of the time you don't have to do anything. Only when you want to the boot the other OS, will you need to use the boot selection menu.

unless you have an extremely old motherboard, you should be able to press F12 during post to get the boot selection menu of your motherboard and pick the hard drive to boot.
So, you don't have to enter the BIOS every time.

You can give priority to the OS that you boot most of the time in the BIOS. Then, most of the time you don't have to do anything. Only when you want to the boot the other OS, will you need to use the boot selection menu.

Funny!!! My Intel 850 GB Motherboard (From the times of the 150nm Willamette. yes I had a PIV @1.5Ghz the first one) did that with F8. This MSI/VIA POS doesn't. Thanks for reminding me that since I forgot to mention it in my first post.

Hey MrF, Thanks!

I found about bcedit and how to use it. I just couldn't find how to tell it the partition(drive letter where Windows Xp is).
What search criteria did u used?

Again, Thank you!! A lot!!!

Back