Windows 7 and SSD yet few programs takes too long to work.

Cbshahji

[H]ard|Gawd
I've windows 7 and SSD and everything is top notch, boot time is around 17 sec all programs opens lightning fast however itunes and paragon hard disk manager opens slow takes about 10-15 sec before i am able to use them. those are the only two programs that take long, not even some of my games take that long to work. does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks
CB

Where are the files stored? The probably acess a load of files, or drives, or a file database before opening, so its probably not the programs themselves opening that causes delays, but the thing their acessing.

yeah, maybe it's the data it needs to find before opening. Maybe it does a wide scan for new music.

Itunes is incredibly slow for me also....almost unusable.

iTunes opens up and is immediately usable for me on my SSD RAID. My music library is kept on a WD640AAKS.

Paragon is probably scanning the system for drives, which may take a while, and iTunes may be doing something similar looking for attached iDevices.

Both could be phoning home for information like program updates or what not.

Paragon is pretty crazy for starting up, even longer when you load their PE Mode stuff, where are your data files stored that iTunes is grabbing and reading?

well almost everything is disabled in itunes, searching for new music/looking for download. the saved music if needs to be stored it's on WD green drive which is also disabled (honestly i like my settings better) what is superfetch? and how can i disable it/enable it if it should? and also i do remove music before closing itune as i hardly use it (just here and there to update music tags for newer albums and 90% of time it failes)

On Windows, yes. On OS X, it's awesome. I can't blame people for hating iTunes when they've only ever used it on Windows.

sorry but this is my opinion, majority of user use windows instead of apple OS is probably apple changed it the way they think it's best and not how it can be easier for users (and i've used mac and windows and i've noticed this) lots of stuff windows does is actually better than it can be done in mac. and if something needs to be changed it is either easier or gets easier to change in windows than mac. for me mac is like some kind of hard headed kid. (again this is my opinion and in no way it is bad, just not the way i would like it)

Back