Windows 7 64bit will not install

SC385

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a new hp laptop and the first thing I usually do it wipe the hard drive and do a fresh install of Windows to as not to have all the crap that come loaded on new computers. But whenever I try to install Windows 7 64 bit it get an error about missing or corrupt files during the install always at about 29% with error code 0x80070570. I have installed Windows 7 32 bit with no problem and have installed Vista 64 bit with no problem and am now trying to do an upgrade from within Vista. I'm not sure if it has worked or not and won't know until tonight when I get home from work and school.

What I have tried is this. Windows 7 64 bit downloaded from digital river on both DVD and USB and neither worked. I also used a Windows 7 64bit RTM on DVD and USB that I still had but it also did not work with the same error. Windows 7 32bit did install with no problems and Windows Vista 64bit installed. I have also tried different combinations of RAM in different slots and have had no success.

I'm not sure if the RAM is bad but I'll be getting 2x4gb DDR3 sticks soon to test that but I'm thinking it has to be something with Win 7 x64 since 3 other versions installed. I'm really hoping to avoid having to buy the restore disks from HP as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows cannot copy files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570.

I'm getting the exact same error with my desktop! I installed a brand new harddrive,western digital 1Tb SATA III. I was able to install vista 64 bit but trying to do an upgrade or even a clean install from a downloaded version purchased online from the microsoft store results in the same issue!

Upgrading from Vista x64 to Windows 7 x64 worked for me.

Sorry you're having problems too Homey, apparently its pretty common and there isn't much help from MS on the issue.

Yup, common issue, along with the missing dvd drivers upon installation error.

A couple of fixes that may work for you.

1. reseat everything in your pc.

2. download the dvd again, check the sha1 hashes to make sure the download wasnt corrupt and then burn the disc at a very low speed, 1x or 2x maximum. <--- usually solves the problem.

3. remove all but one stick of ram, or at the very least remove enough sticks so that you have under 4 gig of ram in your computer whilst installing.

4. enable memory remapping if you have 4 gig or more of memory.

5. try another dvd drive.

Those fixes are the most common for those stupid windows 7 install errors.

Well found my problem! One of my sticks of memory was bad! Ran Memtest86 and right away an error popped up! Only the one stick errored so i'm running 6gigs of memory and everything is fine.The memory was free to begin with so it's not that big a deal!

ya, google finds people taking about bad memory. other suggestion is:
When you see the error "0x80070570 can't access files" on install click --> OK ---> you will be returned to the "Install Now" startup screen and - WITHOUT REBOOTING - just re-start the install.

Second time round it went smooth as clockwork and installed fine.

Back