Windows 2000 and MS Java Virtual Machine Problems

aphex187

Gawd
I have a client with several Windows 2000 (SP4) machines. They need to access a website that uses the MS JVM. Microsoft does not make this availible but I have been able to download them. Unfortunately, I can not get any of the files to install properly, they unpack, but then warn me that they are part of protected system files and can not be updated.

Has anyone else run accross this problem with Windows 2000 SP4? Is there any way to get the MS JVM to install/work? Suns JVM works OK but this website specifically calls for the MS JVM and I expect anomolies if I cant get the MS JVM to work.

Thanks in advance.

Just give it a go with the Sun JVM, it can't be any more problems than using the MS JVM. What's the site that you are trying to use?

Sorry can't give any better help...

I don't think i've ever even found MS JVM. Just use Sun's version of it. After all, java IS Their specialty.

Does MS JVM does anything differently from the Sun JVM? I don't really know in this regard.

Microsoft doesn't offer the JVM officially anymore because of the whole antitrust suit, and I think Sun's JVM will work just fine.

This is in a real estate office. They use a web based MLS (Multiple Listing Service) system called Paragon. Paragon calls for having the MS JVM installed. I've put a call into them regarding the issue of how hard it can be for many users to obtain the MS JVM. I installed Suns JVM and changed some settings and it appears to be working correctly.

Back