Windows 1903 no language bar

M76

[H]F Junkie
I'm sick of microsoft constantly making w10 worse, most recently it seems they killed off the language bar that would show your active keyboard layout on the taskbar.

Instead of this:

Language-Bar-Missing-in-Windows-10-8_935adec67b324b146ff212ec4c69054f.png

I get this small keyboard icon, that tells me fuck all about the active keyboard layout:

hell.png

I'm guessing there is no way of getting back the "old" one.

you only have one language installed. I only had US English and it didn't show the "ENG" icon. I added CAN English and it popped right up.
edit: just removed it and the icon disappeared. I guess they figured why display it if there is no other language to switch to.

Last edited:
you only have one language installed. I only had US English and it didn't show the "ENG" icon. I added CAN English and it popped right up.
edit: just removed it and the icon disappeared. I guess they figured why display it if there is no other language to switch to.

1903 - Works fine here.

View attachment 180409

That's an entirely different thing. That's the windows display language, what you all confuse with the language bar.

You clearly see both in my reference image. The one saying ENG on the right is the display language. The one on the left saying EN is the language bar showing the keyboard layout. That's what I miss, which changed into a keyboard icon with 1903.

upload_2019-8-12_12-25-29.png

I think they combined the features. If I check the "Use the desktop language bar when it's available" under Advanced keyboard settings, I get the keyboard layout indicator again.

upload_2019-8-12_12-36-53.png

Back