Windows 11 would it be bad to install with no TPM and no Secure Boot?

On purpose.

Even though my hardware supports it and Windows 11.

Unless you are dual-booting an older Linux distro along with Windows 11, there is no real reason to disable Secure Boot at all. New Linux distros have the correct keys for the Secure boot loader. As far as the TPM is concerned (and this applies to Secure Boot as well) - I have seen no difference with it on or off after completing the Windows 11 installation beyond the "your computer does not meet the requirements for Windows 11" message in Windows Update.

I have an old Dell XPS laptop running Windows 11. It has a hardware TPM 1.4 module and Secure Boot enabled, and has a Core i7-4000 series CPU. The Windows 11 Upgrade Installer complained if it tried to be run from within Windows 10, but booting directly into the Windows 11 RTM installer raw off of USB worked with no problems ("raw" meaning with no mods). I still get the "Does not meet requirements" message in Windows Update, but the machine runs fine. Better than it did in Windows 10, actually.

As of now, at this time, it makes no difference. If that changes, it is easy enough to toggle either feature back on in your BIOS.

not really, install and then turn them off, or use one of the many work around weve already discussed in numerous threads.
Rufus is the best way IMHO, though there's also a good script (from MyDigitalLife forum) for simply modifying any ISO as well.

Rufus is the best way IMHO, though there's also a good script (from MyDigitalLife forum) for simply modifying any ISO as well.
that why i said "many work arounds in numerous threads", this doesnt need to be another one of those threads, let them do some legwork for once....

that why i said "many work arounds in numerous threads", this doesnt need to be another one of those threads, let them do some legwork for once....
I prefer to give end results instead of having someone fumbling around in the dark.

Why bother using anything to mod the installer at all? The OP's PC meets the Windows 11 requirements... Just turn those features on, install Windows 11, turn the questioned features off. No muss, no fuss.

Why bother using anything to mod the installer at all? The OP's PC meets the Windows 11 requirements... Just turn those features on, install Windows 11, turn the questioned features off. No muss, no fuss.
if his bios is up to date they are probably already on by default. turning them off after install is the simplest solution.

I modify the installer regardless since I'd prefer to have more options available to me like old hardware or VMs w/o the additional requirements.

I did Rufus install of win11 on a FX6200 AMD system.
I needed to do a clean install since it was a old system with boot errors on windows10 with 4 users accounts. With in place install i had windows security page not showing anything, no taskbar icon for it either. Windows11 setting log load times, and crashes.
After i did a full clean install evreything is running fine. All issues are gone.
Unless you call the new start ui a bug :)

I reinstalled Windows 11 several weeks ago using an image that didn't require them and have had zero issues with that so far.

I'm about to reinstall now, v2261 - the only thing I'm disabling is virtulization support in BIOS (moved my VMs over to NAS) to disable the virtualized security crap so I get better performance in games

Doing this though you'll also lose Android app support, that relies on virtualization FYI

Not sure how I missed this thread.

I wanted to install W11 just to keep it aligned with my other PC's. I tried various online versions of "How to" make W11 work with my robust Asus Z97-Pro Gamer, I even added a TPM 2.0 module only find no option in the bios although referenced in the manual. I discovered the Rufus program but made the mistake of trying the latest version (3.19?) that no longer offer the by-pass options, going back to version 3.16 fixed that issue.

So now I'm happy - I have W11 on all the PC's I support and no issues with Updating OS or the Programs that are used.

2 fingers up at ASUS for lack of Bios support and to MS for creating needless hurdles.

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed this thread.

I wanted to install W11 just to keep it aligned with my other PC's. I tried various online versions of "How to" make W11 work with my robust Asus Z97-Pro Gamer, I even added a TPM 2.0 module only find no option in the bios although referenced in the manual. I discovered the Rufus program but made the mistake of trying the latest version (3.19?) that no longer offer the by-pass options, going back to version 3.16 fixed that issue.

So now I'm happy - I have W11 on all the PC's I support and no issues with Updating OS or the Programs that are used.

2 fingers up at ASUS for lack of Bios support and to MS for creating needless hurdles.
Newest version most definitely modifies any Windows 11 ISO. I'm using 3.20 & it still asks if I want to modify 11.

Back