Windows 11 reveal coming June 24th

this is kinda weird though. didnt have that preview thing before. might need to look to turn that off...

1624931889032.png

RTX 3060, but the output/monitors are being handled by the Ryzen 9 5900HS.
did you upgrade from Windows 10 or were you running the 11 leak prior? (5800x&6700xt .. running the leak prior and maybe I fubar'd something trying to get the taskbar to show up/work)

did you upgrade from Windows 10 or were you running the 11 leak prior? (5800x&6700xt .. running the leak prior and maybe I fubar'd something trying to get the taskbar to show up/work)
it doesnt work in the leak. thats why i'm asking if you installed 22000...

I upgraded directly from the latest/updated version of Windows 10 21H1.

Turning HDR on in the display settings still dims everything horribly, so that's still not fixed for Windows 11. Yay ...

maybe. try doing a unplug/replug dance. and what shog. just said above, unless its a dummy acct...
Reinstalling AMD gpu drivers ungreyed the option and now I have a task bar on my secondary monitor .. but .. I still can't pin anything to it ..

..baby steps to working taskbar... baby steps to working taskbar ..

..and that WAS a dummy account initially when I first set it up ... 20+ years ago, lol. It has stood the test of time where other email accounts did not ..

I can apparently do jack diddly crap to the other taskbars so this is quite pointless right now.
well that's good ..err .. not good .. but good :)

I've also noticed that Windows Defender has to be turned back on after every reboot ...

Yeahhhh ... getting some serious bugs/glitching/flickering with my external monitor in extended display mode. Gonna go back to 10 for now. I have to work. It was fun and I like where 11 is headed, but the early fun time beta bugs are a bit much.

Reactions: Don_1
like this
Yeahhhh ... getting some serious bugs/glitching/flickering with my external monitor in extended display mode. Gonna go back to 10 for now. I have to work. It was fun and I like where 11 is headed, but the early fun time beta bugs are a bit much.
I didn't get that at all .. different oddities for different setups it would seem. But Hey! .. at least we both have the same "can't pin stuff to the second taskbar" thing going on .. (y)

The joint initiative between Micorshaft and Intel (and some others) circa 2002, to be able to lock you out of your system by way of a chip on your motherboard (or in your CPU), for "security" reasons.
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/51450-microsofts-palladium-a-new-security-initiative
I take a different interpretation. IF Palladium had been deployed, think of all the malware that wouldn't have happened, including ransomware. Or possibly all the spam that wouldn't have happened. Etc., etc.

Like ransomware doesn't lock you out of your system?

can you pin stuff to your other taskbars?
just found that you cant even drag stuff to the main taskbar to pin it, you have to right-click>show more options>pin to taskbar.

just installed 22000 on another optiplex 5040(i5-6500/8GB/120GB). needed tpm(1.2) enabled but not active and no secureboot this time...

maybe I'm being nitpicky .. but I'm not digg'n the extended options right click thing .. especially when I have to go to "show more options" to do what normal right clicking usually does

I take a different interpretation. IF Palladium had been deployed, think of all the malware that wouldn't have happened, including ransomware. Or possibly all the spam that wouldn't have happened. Etc., etc.

Like ransomware doesn't lock you out of your system?
Not on the hardware level, no it doesn't. Palladium was intended to be a gate keeper initiative, preventing "hostile" users from "infecting" the web, by locking down their device. And Intel+Microshaft would determine whom was "hostile".

maybe I'm being nitpicky .. but I'm not digg'n the extended options right click thing .. especially when I have to go to "show more options" to do what normal right clicking usually does
yeah thats a little weird, feed back might change it. that is what insider is for after all...

I would, if all my programs, including Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, ran under Linux. On the Adobe forums, there are lots of requests for Linux support, which Adobe has simply ignored.

Then there are programs for me like Quicken and MS Office Pro Plus, which I use on a daily basis. For business reasons, I have to stay with actual MS Office. Plus iTunes, and who even remembers what else.
Adobe products have been proven to be more of a liability than anything else. If you look forward you will cut your dependency on that company.

I do not have any TPM module on the old LGA1156 PC,that slot is not on the MBO.
it might not end up being required for custom system. if it is, there are ways around it. and if in the end there isnt, it might be time to upgrade your 12 yo system and i wouldnt be too upset as thats a good run.

Back