Windows 11 Pro for Workstations not available anymore?

rigurat

Limp Gawd
I had Windows 10 Professional, then upgraded to 10 Pro for Workstations via the MS store app, I paid for it. Then when Windows 11 came out I did a clean install and got the Windows 11 Pro for Workstations in the MS app store, this time it was free (likely because of the previous purchase of the 10 Pro for Workstations upgrade).

I did clean install again recently, same PC, Same Windows 11, but now I don't see the Windows 11 Pro for Workstations in the Microsoft Store App anymore. Is it discontinued?

It seems the upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for Workstations is not available anymore. It doesn't show up anymore on the Microsoft App Store.

I'm currently on:

Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.613
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.613.0
Legit retail Windows 10 Professional product key, activated and good to go.

The search for Windows 11 Pro for Workstations in the Microsoft Store shows nothing now. Is it discontinued?

Screenshot 2022-05-08 112036.png

In past it was there and all I had to do was choose it and install it now it's gone!

yeah i think its now home, pro, ent and edu. i could be wrong as i do still find older workstation pages...

Strange because I was just running Windows 11 Pro for Workstations just before reformatting. I don't see why it would just be taken out.

Strange because I was just running Windows 11 Pro for Workstations just before reformatting. I don't see why it would just be taken out.
idk. some results say to nt enter a key, pick workstation and then activate after install.

idk. some results say to nt enter a key, pick workstation and then activate after install.

I installed Windows 11 Professional last time using the Windows 10 Professional product key, then installed Pro for Workstations via the MS app store, no fee charged because I had Windows 10 Pro for WS already. I don't see why it wouldn't work again.

Holy smokes! OK it IS indeed in the Microsoft App Store. Searching windows, windows 11 pro, windows 11 pro for workstations, workstations, does NOT show the upgrade in the front or even several pages down.

It turns out the search key needed was "upgrade"!

Screenshot 2022-05-09 163406.png

Well that's strange because I didn't have to do that last time. But oh well still free of charge because I already bought it.

@dbwillis thanks for the screenshot, it's what got me the idea to search "upgrade".

Holy smokes! OK it IS indeed in the Microsoft App Store. Searching windows, windows 11 pro, windows 11 pro for workstations, workstations, does NOT show the upgrade in the front or even several pages down.

It turns out the search key needed was "upgrade"!

View attachment 472147

Well that's strange because I didn't have to do that last time. But oh well still free of charge because I already bought it.

@dbwillis thanks for the screenshot, it's what got me the idea to search "upgrade".

Is there any reason for a 3700X 48GB Ram 6800XT owner to even bother with the upgrade?

Is there any reason for a 3700X 48GB Ram 6800XT owner to even bother with the upgrade?
The only possible thing would be ReFS, and that's janky as hell still. None of the other "features" you get are worth anything, IMO.

Back