Windows 11 available via WSUS

Orddie

2[H]4U
for those running WSUS in your lab or Production, check the box, sync, and start the downloads.

Do not forget to approve!

Still not up on the Licensing Service center yet. I have a few of my teachers who want to play with it in production.

Yeah it was weird, the Windows 11 download site went live during the day, while Facebook was down lol. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

I have it installed on a recently resuscitated newer Dell laptop and it's.. a little slow, but it may be this laptop as it's on one of them ultra low voltage i7's and I suspect the storage has some issue.
Look up the service tag on Dell support. There may be a firmware update posted in the drivers list, for the SSD.

No thank you. I have a test build at home to play beta tester with the initial release. I recommended we stay away at our company for now.

I have no desire to use this, until they fix the broken context menu.

Otherwise, I could easily hack my way around these pointless limitations on installation.

Now I am trying to figure out where I can upgrade my office 365 apps with Windows 11. !! installed perfectly on my main system at home. I do want top play with the new skinned office as well. But can't seem to locate that. I did see Office 21 in my MVLS portal.

Now I am trying to figure out where I can upgrade my office 365 apps with Windows 11
this?
1633471310414.png

No that's not it. That gives you access to other products other than office. Office updates are handled thru the actual program.
So according to Microsoft, when I upgraded to 11 my office install should of also upgraded to the new version. Obviously it has not. This is still the 2019 build.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-05 182454.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-05 182454.png
    20 KB · Views: 0
No that's not it. That gives you access to other products other than office. Office updates are handled thru the actual program.

So according to Microsoft, when I upgraded to 11 my office install should of also upgraded to the new version. Obviously it has not. This is still the 2019 build.
it clearly say office though...
1633473175090.png

11 might come with the newer version but if you have the older installed it was probably skipped during the upgrade. if you have 365 and sign in creds, sign in online and install the new version(top right corner).

Funny to see people still pay for office when free tools are available that do the same thing.

Even G-Suite for Education (Enterprise) is not free anymore. They've stripped out a lot of features from regular version and imported them into the ENT version.

Windows 11 includes free office apps and they are actually quite functional. The only real downside is that they are web-based and you have to use your Microsoft account.

Are they restricting any important features that would require (maybe more so, strongly encourage) someone to get an Office 365 subscription or something like that?

Are they restricting any important features that would require (maybe more so, strongly encourage) someone to get an Office 365 subscription or something like that?
a sub gets rid of ads in the the online version of outlook, adds onedrive space and gives you local install options.

the only feature that I care about it: can you disable windows 11 update? or is it like windows 10, that there is no way to disable the update?

the only feature that I care about it: can you disable windows 11 update? or is it like windows 10, that there is no way to disable the update?
Why would you want to disable the update completely? It makes using Windows even more dangerous than it is now. Stopping driver updates has been enough for me at least.

personal data files are in removable flash drive. Download files, such as music CD are burn to CD-R, so if I lost download files, I just download it again. Flash drive have backup

personal data files are in removable flash drive. Download files, such as music CD are burn to CD-R, so if I lost download files, I just download it again. Flash drive have backup
If the flash drive is connected to your computer, it's no different to having the same data on a hdd. Crypto attack will encrypt the flash drive too. Offline backup is your only savior.

Why would you want to disable the update completely? It makes using Windows even more dangerous than it is now. Stopping driver updates has been enough for me at least.

Sometimes Windows Update sabotages long video renders.
Better to manually handle updates if the uptime to finish the work you're doing is critical.

Sometimes Windows Update sabotages long video renders.
Better to manually handle updates if the uptime to finish the work you're doing is critical.
Your render speeds would be better on linux with the added benefit of not having Microsoft dictate how you use your computer. But I digress.

Your render speeds would be better on linux with the added benefit of not having Microsoft dictate how you use your computer. But I digress.

I would but the AMD GPU accelerated rendering doesn't work on Linux with the open source AMD drivers. And I've read games run their best with the open drivers over the closed source pro ones.
Guess I tend to prioritize gaming performance over everything else.

I would but the AMD GPU accelerated rendering doesn't work on Linux with the open source AMD drivers. And I've read games run their best with the open drivers over the closed source pro ones.
Guess I tend to prioritize gaming performance over everything else.
Well I guess your renderings are not very critical then if you prioritize games over them. Personally I don't mix business and pleasure, I have a gaming computer for games and business is business.

Well I guess your renderings are not very critical then if you prioritize games over them. Personally I don't mix business and pleasure, I have a gaming computer for games and business is business.

No, they are. The issue is I'm addiction to video games. Has nothing to do with the importance of my work.

If the flash drive is connected to your computer, it's no different to having the same data on a hdd. Crypto attack will encrypt the flash drive too. Offline backup is your only savior.
well, that too. I did the off line backup. There are multiple backup.

Back