Windows 10's Next Release Will Let You Uninstall More Built-In Apps

We just need to be more enterprising. From the LTSB description page:

"The Long-term Servicing Channel is available only in the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB edition. This edition of Windows doesn’t include a number of applications, such as Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Store, Cortana (though limited search capabilities remain available), Microsoft Mail, Calendar, OneNote, Weather, News, Sports, Money, Photos, Camera, Music, and Clock. These apps are not supported in Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB edition, even of you install by using sideloading."

No edge, no cortana, no m$ store, no forced update beta-testing - but still the typos we love from M$. It's the Win9 DX12 dream OS. ;-)

Hmm. Keys are only $7-10 on ebay. I think I'll have to pick up a handful though I wonder if it supports WindowsMR?

Can we remove Candy Crush?

No, Candy Crush, like One Drive are considered essential to the operating system. Without these components, most features of the OS will simply stop working.
candycrush1.png

candycrush2.png

Candy Crush and all the other crap will just reinstall with the next update.

Fortunately there's a permanent fix right here.

Fascinating, I've never had anything reinstall after I told window to stop. Wish I could remember the option name but it's in there. Turn it off and apps will stop showing back up, even after major updates.

I do have to delete the stupid Bing favorite it keeps adding. I don't need a link for a four letter website...

Can we remove Candy Crush?

No, Candy Crush, like One Drive are considered essential to the operating system. Without these components, most features of the OS will simply stop working.

You can remove Candy Crush, and turn off suggested apps and another one for letting windows download recommended apps and that stuff will stop showing up. These settings (currently) have persisted through all of the new versions. You can also uninstall one drive though that one takes a PowerShell command.

Back