Windows 10 X: Dual Screen Fork

Looks awesome, so simple. To be really futuristic they could put one of or both of the screens on a little slide that automatically snaps them together when opening, kinda like those old IBM thinkpad keyboards. Could have a solid glass 'bezel-less' screen that doesn't have a stupid looking wave in the middle or gets scratched by fingernails.

Obviously that would be super complex to design, but still sounds better to me than the current iteration of the fold.

Looks pretty cool. Not a laptop user but I bet people that have the bigger phone/tablets might be interested.

Wish they would have kept android out of the Surface lineup. I know I'll be getting calls from rich customers who have no idea what they bought, wanting a dock and to replace their current PC with it.

It does according to this article.

Just to clarify: There are two products with split screens with different OS:

Surface Neo: Dual 9" screen laptop that runs Windows X. I don't think it works as a cell phone.

Surface Duo: Dual 5.6" screen Android smart phone.

because i liked the where the windows phones were headed. they were just 2 years too late in getting started. the biggest nail in its coffin always seemed to be that nobody was writing apps for it.

That might have been because the Windows store is and was a cesspool, rather than a curated garden with at least some quality apps, like the AppStore. Why develop quality apps for the Windows store, only for them to have the same visibility as all the microtransaction garbage? (To an extent, this is a valid criticism for Android these days, too). I swear, browsing the Windows store and the Play Store sometimes feels just like browsing The Pirate Bay!

because i liked the where the windows phones were headed. they were just 2 years too late in getting started. the biggest nail in its coffin always seemed to be that nobody was writing apps for it.

Yeah, Microsoft really screwed up by making developers rewrite their apps for each big release. And killing the dedicated phone team during Windows 10 development nailed the coffin.

I already hate using touchscreens on anything not handhelld. Why would I want two of them on something already this large?>
while i share this sentiment, part of me still gets excited about a smart phone that can be folded to protect it's glass... maybe. i would like to do some drop tests to see how durable they are

Back