Windows 10 Warning: Anger At Microsoft Rises With Serious New Failure

*nix as a viable option for everyone's desktop is an effin joke, because its users have no clue on how to support the clueless when things go wrong. I've been trying it since the 90s nothing has changed about its community.

It's impossible to support any OS where Googling an error message often ends up with essentially "gEt gOoD WiNdoZe NeWb" on forums.

I can't figure out nothing on my Freenas box when I have issues for this very reason. I just let it run degraded for months until swapping out some drives made the errors go away.

The use Linux you idiot, go back to Windows you idiot cycle never ends.
I agree some of the Linux sub-communities can be elitist. Usually this is just a few of the people, and others will actually be helpful. I have gone to the OS subforum here and asked Linux related questions and have received a huge amount of help when I was stuck. I have also found that going to a community and saying, "this is broken, tell me how to fix it" is not met as helpfully as "i am having this problem, i have tried this and this, what should i try next". I use FreeNAS and I have had pretty good luck fixing issues by searching for whatever error I am getting.

Some of us PC game and don't have a choice.
I think some are reacting to your statement because you actually HAVE made a choice. I myself keep 1 PC with Windows 10 on it for gaming when I have trouble with getting the game to work in Linux, so i agree that Windows "just works", but there are other solutions for gaming, including PC gaming. Basically, your statement should actually be "I could move to Linux but I do not have the desire to put in the effort to try to learn it and I have accepted the fact that MS will track me and use my data". It is a valid position, as Linux can require varying amounts of time and effort in order to do things, especially if you are trying to 1 to 1 match with Windows. Its like living in Memphis and saying you don't have a choice. There are plenty of places you can go without the crime and corruption.

Back