Windows 10 visual tune up?

StormClaw

Gawd
Hey guys. I've upgraded to Win10 and the color scheme is pretty weird. Now the task bar is black and is hard to see.

Example:

start-menu-5-660x440.png
<---- WTF ?

Is there a way to make it look like Win 7 or Win 8 , nice and clean? Like so:

Windows+7+Taskbar.png

Thanks

Hey guys. I've upgraded to Win10 and the color scheme is pretty weird. Now the task bar is black and is hard to see.

Example:

start-menu-5-660x440.png
<---- WTF ?

Windows+7+Taskbar.png

Thanks

You can change the color in Settings-> Personalization.

Yeah, i've looked there but couldn't find that clean / transparent effect that Win7 has.

You can get some of the areo look back in win 10 but its impossible to get it all back. I been with 10 for couple yrs now....And i see old win 7 shots and think hey "that looks good!". I highly recommend a start menu replacement to at least fix that part. startisback is my personal favorite but theres a few to look at. Stardock makes some software worth looking at as well.

Last edited:
It's happened to me as well.
High contrast theme got enabled in my case.

Example:

start-menu-5-660x440.png
<---- WTF ?

Windows+7+Taskbar.png

Thanks

Windows+7+Taskbar.png

Thanks

cd681448-2f01-4528-8b03-e8a5a2525cc6_zpsbfey30sj.png

Even with start is back.....know way to get it exactly like old win 7. I think they more or less had it perfect with win 7 lol

cd681448-2f01-4528-8b03-e8a5a2525cc6_zpsbfey30sj.png

Even with start is back.....know way to get it exactly like old win 7. I think they more or less had it perfect with win 7 lol
There is no way to get to to an exact, pixel by pixel 100% precise identical copy of Windows 7 in every way, shape, and form.

No.

Odd because, my taskbar is completely transparent. Also, if you use a black desktop background in Windows 7, you will have a completely black taskbar with the same problem you are talking about here.

Example:

Windows+7+Taskbar.png

Thanks

This is as close as I was able to get it, with the tools listed in the download history. Hope this helps.

w107.png

Example:

start-menu-5-660x440.png
<---- WTF ?

Windows+7+Taskbar.png

Thanks
It looks like the icons on the left are a toolbar. Right click the Task Bar and go to Toolbars and uncheck the bottom option (the toolbar location). Then go back to the right click Task Bar and change Search to Hidden and uncheck Show Task View. Then go to Task Bar properties and change Task Bar buttons "Always combine, hide labels". To enable transparent blur follow these instructions.

Example:

start-menu-5-660x440.png
<---- WTF ?

Windows+7+Taskbar.png

Thanks

Take a look at this link and see if something in there is helpful.

Windows 10 Tutorials

I put 10 on two computers and I think everything looked washed out, too light or too dark.

Back