Windows 10 Version 1809 Is Getting a Re-Release Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Microsoft has announced that the October update is getting a re-release. Those who previously missed out on the excitement of losing their files, will have a chance to update to the seminal Windows 10 version 1809 experience today. Finally all of the NVIDIA RTX 2000 series owners will be able to experience DirectX Raytracing (DXR) from the comfort of their home.

On November 13, 2018, we will begin the re-release of the Windows 10 October Update (version 1809), Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server, version 1809. We encourage you to wait until the feature update is offered to your device automatically.

What's funny is that Microsoft labels this "redo" as (for example): Windows 10, Version 1809 (Updated Sept '18) 64 Bit

Which doesn't exactly give me warm fuzzies.

I'll be that guy who says that it's been working fine for me all month so there can't be anything wrong with it. :D

FWIW, this update is one of the things that has been holding up RTX support, so hopefully they get it right this time.

i wonder what it will break this time...
Hopefully nothing because their bugged updates aren't funny anymore.

Let's also hope they slow down the release cadence to once a year until they improve their QA.

And maybe Dona Sarkar should put down the selfie stick for 30 seconds and actually look at the feedback hub, because at this point it's evident it's nothing more than a placebo, with a lot of the bugs that made it to public release having been reported on there MONTHS ago. There's just no excuse.

And maybe Dona Sarkar should put down the selfie stick for 30 seconds and actually look at the feedback hub, because at this point it's evident it's nothing more than a placebo, with a lot of the bugs that made it to public release having been reported on there MONTHS ago. There's just no excuse.

LOL, seriously. Feedback Hub is 100% placebo. It just makes people feel good to post their problem in a place where only other users will see it. Even MS's own tech support forums are mostly just other users helping one another.

I've been using it since it came out originally, I haven't encountered any bugs...
The "could remove data under specific conditions" thing which got blown into "Win10 1809 will, absolutely, on 100% of all computers, destroy all data with absolute precise certainty and I promise this," had zero effect on clean installs (and most other situations), and the thing with unzipping silently failing in write-protected folders didn't seem deal-breaking either. I've been deploying 1809 at work since the original release.

What can go wrong this time >? Files that do not belong to you appear in random places on your machines :D

Reactions: c3k
like this
I'm hopeful this wider release will spur the RTX-specific patches for games and the new driver branch Nvidia has been holding back.

Well not me, i did just got a win update but to version 1803 / OS Build 17134.407
Nothing more for me to come after in win update.

Well not me, i did just got a win update but to version 1803 / OS Build 17134.407
Nothing more for me to come after in win update.

You might get it from Microsoft...run their USB tool...and it should give you the latest available build.
That i how I got 1809 the first time, didn't want to wait for the "scheduled" update track

2hN9rPN.jpg

LOL, seriously. Feedback Hub is 100% placebo. It just makes people feel good to post their problem in a place where only other users will see it. Even MS's own tech support forums are mostly just other users helping one another.

That's what a lot of companies have gone to for extended support .. users helping users. The people that do it well end up with special badges/titles.

Can't pass up the opportunity to get your product supported for free.

Lol Windows, what a lovely piece of software you pay for.

Isn't it Grand they fired their QA team?

This is fine, we're all fine here...

Blah blah gaming on Linux is reliable, blah blah, Windows sucks.

Same rhetoric, different day.

You guys like your computer running unreliable like this? Can't imagine why...

Same, same...
Of the dozen or so systems that got the upgrade on my side only 1 had issues and after looking into it the issue was more to do with Dell power configurations and driver incompatibilities than anything else. In retrospect that was more on me than anything because after working with that system a number of driver and firmware updates were available for it, once those were done the issues were gone but the damage was done.

Lol Windows, what a lovely piece of software you pay for.

Isn't it Grand they fired their QA team?

This is fine, we're all fine here...

Blah blah gaming on Linux is reliable, blah blah, Windows sucks.

Same rhetoric, different day.

You guys like your computer running unreliable like this? Can't imagine why...

What problem does my PC have?

Is this update one of those massive ones that basically performs a re-install of Windows and attempts to keep your installed software working as-is? I really fucking hate that shit, there's always some piece of software that gets all fucked up because it loses critical registry keys or something.

That's what a lot of companies have gone to for extended support .. users helping users. The people that do it well end up with special badges/titles.

Can't pass up the opportunity to get your product supported for free.

No kidding. I used to work for a multinational telecom and they invested a lot of money trying to do just that. It made an impression to me because the software (customer service forum hahha) in question was provided by the legendary Quake player Thresh and his brother.

Everyone was very keen on the idea of users helping each other heheh

I'll be that guy who says that it's been working fine for me all month so there can't be anything wrong with it. :D

FWIW, this update is one of the things that has been holding up RTX support, so hopefully they get it right this time.

Then again with the price of RTX cards, hardly anyone except the early adopters noticed.

Original 1809 will only delete and/or overwrite files in specific circumstances. Those being things we're not totally sure of, so you're probably safe..... unless you're not safe, in which case we'd like to simply say, we're sorry.

im on insider 18277, lost track of how many updates since the first insider 1809, still no issues.

Are you just deaf to the issues people have had for decades with Windows?

1. BSODs
  2. Forced Windows updates whenever is convenient for Windows (during gaming?)
  3. Legit versions of Windows deactivating
  4. Windows 7 update ecosystem poisoning thanks to forced Windows 10 upgrading
  5. Windows updates bricking computers
  6. Windows updates deleting users files
  7. Windows updates causing tablets to run like shit (happened to me due to new features)
It goes on and on and on... It's in the news all the time...

What problem does my PC have?

Can someone confirm what the new update build is?

my build is 17763.134 but then on another machine it says 17763.55

both are "1809"

I haven't had any issues luckily, but I want to be aware of what the new build is

Are you just deaf to the issues people have had for decades with Windows?

1. BSODs
  2. Forced Windows updates whenever is convenient for Windows (during gaming?)
  3. Legit versions of Windows deactivating
  4. Windows 7 update ecosystem poisoning thanks to forced Windows 10 upgrading
  5. Windows updates bricking computers
  6. Windows updates deleting users files
  7. Windows updates causing tablets to run like shit (happened to me due to new features)
It goes on and on and on... It's in the news all the time...
None of which matters because it's the only good OS for gaming. /shrug

Can someone confirm what the new update build is?

my build is 17763.134 but then on another machine it says 17763.55

both are "1809"

I haven't had any issues luckily, but I want to be aware of what the new build is

Current version 1809 OS Build is 17763.134

But a simple question can't have a simple answer with MS:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows-10/release-information

Updated laptop to Version 1809 today and the build number is 17763.107--to be upgraded when the existing bug is fixed in the next patch--MS taking it slow on patches after the recent fiasco.

17763.55 is an earlier 1809 build from 10/9/18

Last edited:
Id rather be one of the cops in Raid Redemption than download this. I suspect my chances of survival would be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back