Windows 10 v2004 keeps losing Sony TV Sound Device (sony x800) Nvidia High Definition Audio Device?

markm75

Gawd
I have a sony x800 with nvidia 1080ti. For some reason, since going to 2004 version of win 10, i keep loosing the sound device in the listing. The only way to get it to come back is to pull the video cable and put it back in.

Has anyone ran into this and found a fix?

Im guessing its some issue with the win10 + the nvidia driver possibly (i think at one point i reinstalled the driver and without pulling the cable it was back for the one test).

Thanks in advance

gpu drivers up to date?
Yep no issue there.

Seems the only real fix is to disable Nvidia High Definition Audio Device, then reenable and it works again (same as pulling the hmdi). I'm thinking some issue with the hdmi or hdmi to dp adapter combo(i think its on the dp adapter).

I have the similar issues. Every month or so I have to go into the device manager and unistall my hd sound and then reboot to get it back.

It's not a question of having the latest drivers, I went through all that crap months ago and wasted so much time trying to figure what was going on.

I now have a shortcut to the device manager on my desktop so I can quickly restore the red X'ed out speaker symbol I get after any update.

1 minute and I'm back up and running.

Back