Windows 10: two trackballs, one left-handed, one right-handed?

Quartz-1

Supreme [H]ardness
Is it possible? How do I do it?

The trackballs are a Kensington Orbit Elite trackball and a Logitech M570. I want to have the Kensington set up as left-handed and the Logitech set as right-handed.

I want the Kensington for desktop use and to try the Logitech for gaming.

When my kid was young, I had two mice plugged in at the same time and they both worked normally. She used a smaller mouse for kids and I had a large gaming mouse. This was with Windows 7 or 8. I didn't have to do anything, they both just worked.

I bet you didn't try what I want to do, though! Yes, they both work simultaneously as pointing devices, but I can't spot where to separately set the button settings. Both are either RH or LH, not one of each.

I bet you didn't try what I want to do, though! Yes, they both work simultaneously as pointing devices, but I can't spot where to separately set the button settings. Both are either RH or LH, not one of each.

Do Logitech or Kensington have software apps that let you control the button orientation independent of the Windows settings?

Far as I know there is no native way to have separate right/left hand button mappings in Windows.

It's not a big deal. I just keep the settings at right handed when I switch the mouse to my left hand for certain computing sessions...:p

Do Logitech or Kensington have software apps that let you control the button orientation independent of the Windows settings?
Not ones that I've found.

Other than Logitech Setpoint: Wireless Trackball M570 - Logitech Support
And Kensington TrackBallWorks: https://www.kensington.com/us/hk/6498/trackballworks-customization-software

The Logitech trackball may also be supported by Logitech's Gaming Software. I'm not saying it is - I'm saying it may be and that should be checked out too. But SetPoint is their mouse / track-ball specific tool.
I'm not claiming these tools will let you do exactly what you want - just clarifying that configuration management tools are available for both bits of hardware.

you can use autohotkey to disable the generic click from the "logical mouse" Windows is seeing and then capture the HID information yourself and send out the logical mouse click depending on which [hysical mouse's left or right click.

aka you basically remapping:

mouse1 left click => left click
mouse1 right click => right clock

mouse2 left click => right clock
mouse2 right click => left click

you can use autohotkey to disable the generic click from the "logical mouse" Windows is seeing and then capture the HID information yourself and send out the logical mouse click depending on which [hysical mouse's left or right click.

Thanks. I'll look into that.

Those don't seem to work independently but capture both devices.

Back