Windows 10 - This PC, desktop icon problems, etc

jiminator

[H]F Junkie
Hey, the file manager functions do not appear to be working right on my just upgraded system. "This PC" only gives a "working on it" message and a bar and nothing else ever happens. The icons will show images if I click on desktop->view->uncheck show icons then recheck show icons, but then they always get reset to the blanks if there is any type of file activity. Can't open recycle bin for the same reason. Has anyone had these problems and solved them? Thanks!

2mR4c5v.jpg

Sounds like either a bad drive or a corrupted install.
This is a fully patched system right?

yeah. I finally said fuck it, too damn annoying. It does not really add anything to the experience and there are annoyances in making it work.

yeah. I finally said fuck it, too damn annoying. It does not really add anything to the experience and there are annoyances in making it work.
That's the [H] spirit! "It doesn't work for me, but works for other people. Meh, can't be bothered."

Windows 10 may be useful for many people, but what I got out of it is that it is a heavy advertising platform for microsoft. yeah, turn this shit off, turn that shit off, hide this, disable that, etc. Then there were still problems. I did beta testing for 98SE, but screw that, since then I have lost my interest in cutting edge and just want something stable and functional. Having icons disappear and no "This PC" is not functional.

Back