Windows 10 Technical Preview For Phones

I'm still wondering what type of retarded CEO stops windows 7 updates, yet nobody wants to buy Windows 8, and Windows 10 is in summer personally.

I'm still wondering what type of retarded CEO stops windows 7 updates, yet nobody wants to buy Windows 8, and Windows 10 is in summer personally.

Windows 7 got security updates just two days ago and will for almost another 5 years.

Nothing worse than a 60 year old guy with a 14 year olds haircut.

Anyhoo....
Why not the 920?
I've got one I would GLADLY load this on to.
Sheesh.

Even if it were available for the HTC One M8 for Windows, I would pass on it for now. It is an unstable beta preview and I just picked up my HTC One M8 for Windows so I do not want to mess it up. I love the fact that it is very fast and smooth.

Anyhoo....
Why not the 920?
Sheesh.

The list of devices supported for the TP will increase over time and everything on 8.1 will get some upgrade to 10 though all features will not be supported on all devices.

Even if it were available for the HTC One M8 for Windows, I would pass on it for now. It is an unstable beta preview and I just picked up my HTC One M8 for Windows so I do not want to mess it up. I love the fact that it is very fast and smooth.

I've had this phone since nearly Day One on Verizon and it's pretty terrific and I agree. I'll probably pick up a test phone later as the release matures.

Nothing worse than a 60 year old guy with a 14 year olds haircut.

Anyhoo....
Why not the 920?
Sheesh.

Yea hear ya. I wish the list was a bit bigger on what they are supporting , I have a beat up 620 I wouldn't mind putting this on... but I think they were looking at the current lower end models that almost every carrier has here state side and everywhere else in the world. Some of these models you can get new and unlocked pretty cheap. Better to brick the cheaper new ones that more expensive high model ones.

Support for more phones will be phased in with each new build, and we’ll announce which devices are being added when the build comes out. Expect the list to grow slowly at first but expand comprehensively over time. For this first preview build these are the devices supported:

Lumia 630 Lumia 638
Lumia 635 Lumia 730
Lumia 636 Lumia 830

For these devices we support configurations from almost all mobile operators around the world, the most notable exception is China which isn’t yet supported for the first preview.

I guess many people have old windows phones that they can brick.

So this story is for the two people on the forums who have a Lumia phone.

I am one of them. :)

If it was my personal phone I would upgrade to windows 10 phone, however given that it is my work phone don't think I should risk doing anything that could result in any issues.

At the rate that AT&T releases new versions of the OS to customers Windows 10 Phone will probably be out before I have the current version of windows phone 8.1. So I will be looking forward to the features in this video come 2023 with I finally get this update. That is the one thing I can give Apple credit for is that they did good since they controlled the phones of getting updates out to everyone at once. Microsoft allowing the carriers to push it out to customers and have their own small version results in long wait times for updates.

Sylvester Stallone with audible English! ERMAHGERD!

Oh, and I have a Lumia phone too. And an HTC 8X some time ago. I did learn the lesson with WP and third party phones (read: not supported very well). Until they can clean up their act, I would refrain from looking at third party WPs. Currently use a Lumia 735, unlocked retail. If the upcoming 940 gets AT&T LTE support, I'm in on that as well.

I love how excited he was about features my android phone has had for a while

if I can get an x86 phone with a desktop I'm in

if you read the thing, it says why some aren't there but they will be. It has to do with the OS partition and they need to finish up a partitioning application to allow the OS to fit. Notice he has a 1520 which is one of the ones needing this.

I don't know. If windows phones had more apps, and it has a lot of core apps already, it would be better. Seems weird they are going through all this when windows phones are pretty much dead in states and most of the world except mexico and russia

if I can get an x86 phone with a desktop I'm in

Then you're not in. BTW, how are you planning to use Win32 API phones on a 5" 1080p screen? They don't DPI scale well so everything will be tiny.

Watching that video definitely gives me some excitement for what is coming for my phone in the near future. It is great to have well supported, baked in features instead of not so well supported, third party features of the Android OS. That is one of the reasons that the apps in certain cases are not as plentiful and the other guys, they are not needed because the OS can already do some things out of the box that the others cannot.

Back