Windows 10 Surpasses 200 Million Installs

It's now official from Microsoft: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ws-10-now-active-on-over-200-million-devices/

What I find interesting about blog is that it's contradicting some of the market share trackers in regards 10's to adoption growth rate.

•And Windows 10 adoption is accelerating, with more than 40% of new Windows 10 devices becoming active since Black Friday.
•In fact, Windows 10 continues to be on the fastest growth trajectory of any version of Windows – ever – outpacing Windows 7 by nearly 140% and Windows 8 by nearly 400%.
•We’re seeing increased preference for Windows 10 with consumers. Since Black Friday, US retail PC share* for Windows 10 grew 16 points to 62% compared to the prior four weeks. Windows 10 mix of PCs rose to 87% from 58% prior to the holiday.
•We are also seeing accelerating and unprecedented demand for Windows 10 among enterprise and education customers. As of today, more than 76% of our enterprise customers are in active pilots of Windows 10, and we now have over 22 million devices running Windows 10 across enterprise and education customers.

Of course this isn't just the desktop and includes Xbox One and Windows 10 mobile but new PC sales according to this made a big transition to windows 10.

people being tricked into upgrading with the annoying popup more like it

people being tricked into upgrading with the annoying popup more like it
I have 2 computers here with Windows 7 on them and have yet to see a pop-up about upgrading. Yes I have the little icon on the bottom for the upgrade if I want it but I just ignore that but have yet to see a pop-up at all. Maybe it's because I didn't hit the reserve Windows 10 button? Just my experience on this.

I have 2 computers here with Windows 7 on them and have yet to see a pop-up about upgrading. Yes I have the little icon on the bottom for the upgrade if I want it but I just ignore that but have yet to see a pop-up at all. Maybe it's because I didn't hit the reserve Windows 10 button? Just my experience on this.

I never hit the reserve button, but it still keeps popping up, with the only two option being "install now" or "download now, and install later" despite windows 7 being activated with a corporate volume licensing key.

Of course my choice is always killing the gwxui task from task manager.

The only permanent solution to the nagware, is to activate Windows7 with a crack, because then it doesn't want to upgrade.

But I don't think it's beyond microsoft to start pushing w10 on counterfeit copies as well.

Back