Windows 10 rebooted and tries to hide it

M76

[H]F Junkie
No, I'm not being clever. My work PC rebooted yesterday unattended, and there are no signs of a shutdown or boot in the event viewer, WTF?

Look at Task Manager and click on performance tab then CPU. You'll see up time listed at the bottom.

How did this world accept subscription based software... Maybe we should have a march :)

No, I'm not being clever. My work PC rebooted yesterday unattended, and there are no signs of a shutdown or boot in the event viewer, WTF?
My work PC runs Windows 7 and it did this to me a couple weeks ago. I found out only because the spreadsheet I had open reverted back to when it was last saved and I had lost all the work I had done up to that point.

My work PC runs Windows 7 and it did this to me a couple weeks ago. I found out only because the spreadsheet I had open reverted back to when it was last saved and I had lost all the work I had done up to that point.

A Windows 7 machine exhibited the same behavior?! Well, that's annoying!

Is the reboot reported in Reliability Monitor?

It’s not trying to hide anything. There is a new feature that came in a recent update that restores your desktop windows after a reboot. Your computer updated (more than likely because you delayed it over and over until it forced it) and then rebooted normally. Open some windows and reboot your computer. Those windows will reopen when it loads back into windows.

It’s not trying to hide anything. There is a new feature that came in a recent update that restores your desktop windows after a reboot. Your computer updated (more than likely because you delayed it over and over until it forced it) and then rebooted normally. Open some windows and reboot your computer. Those windows will reopen when it loads back into windows.

Shouldn't the OS still report that it rebooted to apply an update in event viewer? I think that's more the issue here - Windows isn't reporting just why it was rebooted?

For the record, I've always hated the way OSX restores open windows on boot and always disable it, the same feature added to Windows and enabled by default really grinds my gears.

Back