windows 10 pro v 10 home

Autopia

Limp Gawd
I'm curious, if I get a copy of windows 10 pro, will I end up with all the bloat that comes with the free version of home? or can anyone answer this question, a web link would be nice.

The free version (Windows 10 with Bing) is basically exactly the same as the normal Windows 10, but with Bing set as the default search engine, it also never asks you if you want to change it (but you can).

All that crap you're talking about is installed by the PC makers on new PCs. So you should be clear. When I installed Windows 10 all I got was the OS and standard bundled apps (of which there are actually less than there were in Windows 7 or 8). I was under the impression that they were bundling Candy Crush Saga but it didn't auto install. Maybe because I already had a Microsoft Store account?

does pro come installed or will I have to uninstall the store, undo the ttelemetry servers, the zune crap along with the x box junk, all I want is an os none of the junk, if I wanted something like that I would get me goodle os.

does pro come installed or will I have to uninstall the store, undo the ttelemetry servers, the zune crap along with the x box junk, all I want is an os none of the junk, if I wanted something like that I would get me goodle os.

The basic apps come preinstalled on all versions, even Enterprise. You don't have to use them. As for the telemetry stuff, yes it's there and can't be fully turned off via user controls within the OS unless the machine is domain connected no matter the version though there are a number of tools popping up that try to shut all of that down.

I will stay with windows 7. windows 10 is nothing more than data mining software. maybe this question is better for another threat but when did it become cool or ok to give away all our private information? it seems more and more people are willing to give it.

I will stay with windows 7. windows 10 is nothing more than data mining software. maybe this question is better for another threat but when did it become cool or ok to give away all our private information? it seems more and more people are willing to give it.

This.

I realize I'm a minority, but I'll stick to my Linux desktop. For everyday tasks its just as easy and useful as windows. I boot out to windows for games, that's it.

I expect most people don't even know they are being data mined by the OS, but according to heatlesssun they do it willingly, I highly doubt that.

This.

I realize I'm a minority, but I'll stick to my Linux desktop. For everyday tasks its just as easy and useful as windows. I boot out to windows for games, that's it.

I game also, at this point I'm seriously considering using linux, I do believe steam has a linux version, though I don't know how good games look. I didn't think I would think this, but apple is sounding better than windows and microsoft has a office product for it. the question becomes though...which version of Linux, or I should say flavor.

Back