Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 17074 Audio Settings

cageymaru

Fully [H]
I got the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 17074 update today and thought I'd share a few screenshots of the new audio settings screens since eventually these changes usually make it to release. Using the Realtek onboard audio with the 5.1 option enabled and the Creative Blaster X-Fi MB5 software running on my GA-AX370-Gaming K7 . I have the front speakers set to small, center / rear speakers disabled and the sub output boosted. Everything seems to work well. I didn't have to reinstall my software when I upgraded. The first link above details all the changes that happened with the update. The old sound control panel and properties windows are still there; you just have to look in the new menus to find them.

Enjoy! :)

2018-01-13 (2).png 2018-01-13.png 2018-01-13 (1).png

cool. that just installed yesterday for me, hadn't noticed it yet.
Ps your first pic doesn't seem to work.

There ya go! Unfortunately I want to play Black Desert Online and it won't launch on this version of Windows. So back to the live version for me. :)

2018-01-13 (2).png

Nice to see they're getting more detailed with audio options. I hope they'll fix the quick speaker setup selection option (right-click on the sound icon in systray), I run 7.1 at 96kHz/24-bit, sometimes I switch to 5.1 since some 5.1 audio sources incorrectly route surround to the rear speakers; when switching to 5.1, it forgets my quality settings and defaults to 48kHz/16-bit. I guess I need to figure out how to report that to MS.

Edit: I looked into the Feedback Hub and tried searching first, ugh, that place is a mess. Regardless, I submitted the issue to them and used the steps recorder to show the issue. Considering how cluttered the feedback hub is, I'll be surprised if I see results, heh.

Last edited:
Back