Windows 10 Not Updating Build Versions?

ComputerBox34

[H]F Junkie
I upgraded my laptop via the USB drive builder MS provided months ago and currently have a version of V 10.0.10240. However, it appears that there are much later builds out there including a huge update that I saw some of our new surfaces pull down yesterday that this machine refuses to pull. Are these updates exclusive to surface or does MS now employ a rolling update model to avoid pushing a huge update out all at once like Google does?

or you can use the latest media creation tool to download and install the latest update

Last edited:
Can you clarify what you mean by that? I've been running Windows 10 for several months and just yesterday my system underwent an unexpected "system upgrade" and even created a windows.old folder.

clarify what? The fact your pc probably upgraded to the current 10586 build? if all is fine, run disk clean and check system files to delete the unneeded temp files and old folders:D

clarify what? The fact your pc probably upgraded to the current 10586 build? if all is fine, run disk clean and check system files to delete the unneeded temp files and old folders:D
My apologies for confusion, I just wasn't sure what you meant. I am running 10586.29, so I guess I'm alright.

The December Cumulative Windows 10 update should bring the build number up to 10586.36

Back