Windows 10 May update version 2004 or 20H1

erek

Supreme [H]ardness
why are you replying to me with that?! you asked how i got insider. i answered and then you post an article about exchange server flaws? it makes no sense. go on, post a sad face.
I thought it was somehow relevant to the thread 🙁

B00nie

[H]F Junkie
and?

thanks for letting us know, again and again and again and again and again...
thats your mac not allowing access to the hardware, same as the bluetooth problems.
My mac is working 100% fine including bluetooth. Always has. Some Windows update started this behavior.

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
great, i just spent the last week updating dozens of laptops to 2004...
Yeah well it's not like there are never any problems after an update. That said, the fall updates the past two years have been much smaller and more like a service pack, however. Less to break.

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
Well, I installed it and everything is working fine. I prefer the look of the transparent tiles as well.

Domingo

Fully [H]
I've been running it for a few weeks. I like the new Start Menu, although I have a few weird shortcut icons that gain a gray background for some odd reason. Battle.net and PowerDVD. I've tried everything under the sun to make that go away, but eventually settled for using different icons for both programs.

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
Working Ok so far took a while to install they updated My Computer icon unless I'm seeing things.
Guess I'm seeing things I noticed the shortcuts on the start menu are more responsive they highlight faster lol
Actually I can't tell a difference between this build and the last.
Microsoft Office I never noticed that before either takes you to a browser based online format.

Last edited:

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
Finally got that transparency thing working you guys were talking about.
You have to click a few boxes if not enabled already under personalization or it's just a dip switch.

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
Still can't change the theme which is why I'll never use it the Edge browser.

Last edited:

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
Still can't change the theme which is why I'll never use it the Edge browser.

Do you not really mean that you cannot download themes and install them? Because I have no issue making it the dark theme, which is the first thing I always do on my Windows 10 systems.

SuperSubZero

2[H]4U
Do you not really mean that you cannot download themes and install them? Because I have no issue making it the dark theme, which is the first thing I always do on my Windows 10 systems.
Sounds like a browser theme. Edge has light and dark, but like Chrome proper has tons of user-created color and graphical themes. I guess it's important to some people.

Shoganai

Gawd
Sounds like a browser theme. Edge has light and dark, but like Chrome proper has tons of user-created color and graphical themes. I guess it's important to some people.
Edge can use Google Chrome themes ... the option to do that just needs to be enabled in edge://flags

Lumpus

Limp Gawd
My PC just announced it needed to reboot to install this new update... so, rebooted and it installed, reboot - PC crash. Reboot - endless spinning blue circles, crash. Third time around MS announced that 'Something has gone wrong' (duh) and it backed out all of the changes. Two reboots later, old O/S system is back up and running.

/spending the rest of the day updating all of my system backups, just in case

pendragon1

Fully [H]
My PC just announced it needed to reboot to install this new update... so, rebooted and it installed, reboot - PC crash. Reboot - endless spinning blue circles, crash. Third time around MS announced that 'Something has gone wrong' (duh) and it backed out all of the changes. Two reboots later, old O/S system is back up and running.

/spending the rest of the day updating all of my system backups, just in case
remove any 3rd part av/malware tools and system agents like asus/msi mobo software, if you got any

Domingo

Fully [H]
If you ever have Windows give you the "Rolling back" message after a major update, run SFC /scannow from a command prompt. I love to shift shortcuts around and tinker with certain settings, which a lot of updates simply do not like. That fixes everything and has never failed me for update rollback errors.