Windows 10 Lean: Microsoft Working on Cut-Down Version of OS

So many people complain yet desktop Linux usage remains the same. I don't think many people are really bothered.

So many people complain yet desktop Linux usage remains the same. I don't think many people are really bothered.
As viable as Linux can be, it is still mostly a pita to use day in and day out. If you stick with it, things get easier.... but it's just nowhere near as simple as running Windows is, plus, games.

Personally, I dual-boot both and run Linux (Ubuntu) as much as I can. But if I'm the middle of teaching, presenting, or anything else that requires shit to work and work "now", I'll flip back to Windows.

Windows 7's marketshare says hi.

It's an often repeated false dilemma that if you're unhappy with Microsoft's user-hostile attitude in Windows 10 then Linux is the only other choice. No. 8.1 is actually fantastic, has the same SMP and kernel improvements that were pushed forward to 10, and plays all the same 30,000 steam games except for two or three mediocre windows 10 store titles, and the telemetry and updates can actually be blocked and controlled. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Back