Windows 10 Laptop Notification Noise

JC724

Weaksauce
So my Laptop keeps making a notification noise. It is an off and on constant beeping. Sometimes it will do it off and on for 40 mins straight then stop for 5-10 minutes and then start back up.

I googled how to turn on notifications.

You go into systems settings and click notification and actions and there you can cut off all other forms of notification. I did this and it still hasn't stopped.

I have windows defender firewall and run web-root anti-virus software and spy bot for security. I am very careful on my laptop. I mostly do my school work, watch you tube or Netflix and play games. I have a heard time believing I got a virus.

If anybody has any ideas of how to fix this issue please sure. I am even open to figuring out a way to turn down the master sound and cutting up applications sound so i can't hear it in the background. Right now I turn things like Netflix up or hulu volume up and master sound on low but that isn't really an effective method.

Have you tried just turning off notification sounds ?
Control panel , sound , sounds , check no sounds .
This is the first thing I do on a fresh install, I also uncheck the annoying widows start theme.

I think we need to backup and talk about this actual noise. Is this 100% a Windows generated noise and not a motherboard/system beep?

Just saying "a notification noise" could mean anything, really.

Back