Windows 10 keeps waking up. Can't figure out why.

StormClaw

Gawd
It wakes up from sleep right away, after i put it to sleep. This is all i can get out of it:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.320]

C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake
Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0

C:\Windows\System32>

Any idea how to figure out what's waking it from sleep?

try that ^, disable all wake on devices and disconnect all external devices. also maybe try another mouse. as ive seen them "twitch" and keep systems awake or wake them.

In addition to the LAN NIC, be sure to do it for WiFi if your system has that.

There are also two situations I've personally experienced that, while they don't sound like your issue, may still help you or someone else.

On my desktop, it's in a tech bench next to my TV as I game from my couch. My keyboard is connected to an internal USB3 header for added reach, and my mouse is connected to the keyboard's USB hub. Being where I sit, I move my keyboard and mouse from where I am, to where I set them when watching TV, and as a result they've both had a bunch of cable fatigue, causing internal breaks.
Before I was able to determine that there was cable issues, often a small static discharge would result in my desktop waking up. It wouldn't happen often, but it happened at least once a week I figure. (I ghetto-modded in order to 'fix' them, by just bending their cables near the break but in a way that forced the wires to touch. Then I twist-tied and electrical taped it so it couldn't un-bend. That both solved my devices disconnecting if I moved them wrong, and the static-wakeup issue).

The other issue I've had is a bit weirder and has only been an issue with my MSI X370 Titanium (Ryzen), as I never had the problem previously, upgrading from an A8-3850 first-gen APU on a Gigabyte board. Same PSU is used though...
Anyways, the issue is that I have my PC plugged into the same power strip as a small oscillating desk fan, and probably 80% of the time if the computer is asleep and I change the fan speed or go from off-to-on, that ripples the AC enough to wake my desktop. I don't know if it's related to the keyboard/mouse cables or not, since this doesn't occur every time I do something with said desk fan, but it's still curious. The weirdest thing about this one is that my Motherboard specifically has a setting in the BIOS that's supposed to counter this sort of issue, so I'd say it's definitely something MSI was aware of, either specific to this board or MSI... Sadly, the BIOS option doesn't really seem to help any lol

Reason I mentioned either of them is because perhaps you have your keyboard on a drawer and it also has a break in the cable, so when you push it in after sleeping the computer it causes a small short which wakes the system.
Similarly, maybe you have a desk lamp or floor lamp that is on the same power strip or wall-socket, and when you leave the room and shut it off, the same situation occurs where there's a ripple or voltage drop/spike that wakes your system.

Outside of hard-issues like mine, there's also Windows Wake Timers and Wake Events that could be causing it, but given how soon after sleeping it happens, I'm not too confident that it's to blame. However, since these aren't exclusive to Windows (though it does use it) and it's just providing the ability, it could very well be some other software you have installed as the cause. Printer software, OEM software trying to phone-home to check for updates, even if I suspect you've built your own computer and wouldn't have any HP/Dell/etc OEM software.
Either way, for these Wake Timers and ways to deal with them, check out the solutions provided here as as start.

Super high DPI setting on mouse living in a trailer? Or near a fault line?

Maybe some AV real time protection is waking it up or some other weird process.

As others said, disable all the devices able to wake the PC. I've had this issue before and I'm trying to remember how I fixed it, if I recall my issue was the NIC drivers and having "wake on LAN" enabled. Even though a magic packet was never sent, it'd still wake.

Also, what do these say after it happens?

powercfg /waketimers
powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

As well as:
Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System -> Right Click: Filter Current Log -> Event Sources = "Power Troubleshooter"

For around the time of the wake event.

Back