Windows 10 IP build 10074 available on the Fast ring NOW

Spartan was a pleasant surprise for me. It's quick and looks/works well. For something in beta, it felt a lot more polished than most of their other new apps.

Updating to 10074 completely failed since it would hang up while logging into my account. I had to revert to the previous "Fast" build. I hope the next one will work better for me.

Updating to 10074 completely failed since it would hang up while logging into my account. I had to revert to the previous "Fast" build. I hope the next one will work better for me.

Mine hanged too on first attempt, second reboot worked.

I ran into the same issue. I didn't try multiple reboots though.
Cheers!
-HK sends

Saw they added some aero back an and I needed to format anyway. I'm really happy with it. I had windows 7 install before... as I can't stand 8. I like the new start menu. I unpinned all the default stuff and added my own, so its more like a sleek launcher now. I absolutely love the expose knock off too. Xfi drivers from 7 worked too though headphone surround isn't working right.

Only issue I have ran into is that if you drag at the very top of the Spartan browser it will divide the screen and I can't find a handle to grab to drag it back up. Reboot is the only way I have found to fix it.

I would really like to see the transparency theme they put on the task bar brought over to the windows. It would look like how I setup kde.

How do I switch my network type off of Public and move it to Private? Also agree that a lot of functions here point to error codes... or things not available. I cannot get a driver to install for my realtek LAN nic which forces me to use a realtek wifi usb nic I had on hand which does work...

How do I switch my network type off of Public and move it to Private? Also agree that a lot of functions here point to error codes... or things not available. I cannot get a driver to install for my realtek LAN nic which forces me to use a realtek wifi usb nic I had on hand which does work...
Not sure completely on 10, but I would start with the Windows 8 method.

I know Microsoft is listening but sometimes: IT IS A GREAT BIG DEAL! :D Now, at least for the moment, you can point your mouse pointer at any open window and scroll through whatever is open without clicking on the window. Also, the hybrid start menu stays open well you are doing that. :)

That sounds like a feature to me. You could have a window in the foreground and cross reference a window in the background.

Anyone have any luck finding a Realtek Gigabit Ethernet driver? I have tried Realtek's site and MSI's area and Windows Update... guess I am pushing a little ahead of the curve... that and intel chipset support...

That sounds like a feature to me. You could have a window in the foreground and cross reference a window in the background.

Oh, it is a feature. It is two of the things I commented on in the Tech Preview feedback app. :)

Anyone have any luck finding a Realtek Gigabit Ethernet driver? I have tried Realtek's site and MSI's area and Windows Update... guess I am pushing a little ahead of the curve... that and intel chipset support...

Mine had built-in MS drivers that worked fine sans need for a separate driver.

I know Microsoft is listening but sometimes: IT IS A GREAT BIG DEAL! :D Now, at least for the moment, you can point your mouse pointer at any open window and scroll through whatever is open without clicking on the window. Also, the hybrid start menu stays open well you are doing that. :)

We're in the 21st century after all! You just made my day :D That has always annoyed the crap out of me with Windows, working in one window and referring to another, having to click it to scroll down then click back.

Am I the only one that finds the new Settings menu a bit redundant? I've always hated the Control Panel. It's the most disorganized mess I've seen on any OS. At first I thought the new menu was a step forward, but I've actually been having even more trouble finding what I'm looking for, and half the time when I finally do get to it, it opens up the classic Control Panel anyway.

Back