Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi my pc:
108500K stock 4800mhz
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 10 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games not crashing all stable.
My pc is on 24 hours. Today was idle 5-6hours in desktop. After few hours when i go to use pc, i run Google chrome and then all suddenly freezed. I mean i was able to touch/move mouse, but all stops resonding. Chrome,search bar,start button stops responding. Then i make ctrl alt delete and black screen with blue circle. So i make hard reset.
It happened first time that hang of system.
Is there somewhere my pc not stable or its a windows thing? Like i said pc was idle 5-6 hours when i go to use pc, i turned on google chrome and then all suddenly hangs. I checked EVENT VIEWER: Nothing,0 entries about any errors.
Thx.

ah ps
NZXT cam was on background and epic launcher + steam.

PS:Running currently Karhu Ram test no errors. Please help me.

Last edited:
Could be a drive hanging or something. Did you let it go to sleep? Could be a fluke. If it happens consistently I would worry then, not yet.

I read somewhere on microsoft that NZXT cam can cause that issue when windows 10 is long time idle and then you start using. Weird.....
Is sense to test longer KARHU RAM Test?

I read somewhere on microsoft that NZXT cam can cause that issue when windows 10 is long time idle and then you start using. Weird.....
Is sense to test longer KARHU RAM Test?
I wouldn't worry about it too much with it only having happened once. However, sometimes software can cause it too like you read. I wouldn't continue to test with KARHU Ram test right now.

. Also Metro Exodus Sam story running now overnight to be sure about stability. But i will be greatful for advices clear.png

Could be a drive hanging or something. Did you let it go to sleep? Could be a fluke. If it happens consistently I would worry then, not yet.
No no not sleep.Sleep is to never:) . I just walked to pc about 3-4 hours of idling, start using CHrome, and bam all hangs:)Also no driver crash in event logs heh. I read about NZXT cam making issues with Windows 10 hanging after period of idling. I will consifer turning off that.
software. I remember few days ago i left idle for long when i back SEARCH BAR crashed. The same after long idling. Maybe issue with win update dont know.

Ok enough. So if games working no worries?:) I bought all parts for games :)

OR MY PC IS UNSTABLE AAAAAAAA<Argh>:) Please no. yeah i know i have anxiety:]

Last edited:
Odds are it's a driver/software issue... To eliminate a possible hardware issue, grab a copy of OCCT 8.01. I've found it helpful to rule out unstable hardware.

Odds are it's a driver/software issue... To eliminate a possible hardware issue, grab a copy of OCCT 8.01. I've found it helpful to rule out unstable hardware.
Thx but on heavy loads it never crashed. I mean games or cinebench ,3dmarks. Or maybe Windows 10 is picky but i dont have any oc in pc.Only XMP

Last edited:
Thx but on heavy loads it never crashed. I mean games or cinebench ,3dmarks. Or maybe Windows 10 is picky but i dont have any oc in pc.Only XMP
Don't write it off so fast. OCCT isn't just about putting on a heavy load to see if your system crashes - it's designed to stress everything in your system (regardless if it is OC'ed or not) using a variety of different tests and reports on any errors found/discovered before something crashes.

Reactions: leone
like this
Don't write it off so fast. OCCT isn't just about putting on a heavy load to see if your system crashes - it's designed to stress everything in your system (regardless if it is OC'ed or not) using a variety of different tests and reports on any errors found/discovered before something crashes.
Event viewer nothing reported in that time,weird?So run OCCT? I made KarhuRamtest no errors.Can i use realbench?

Is any sense to run OCCT or realbench or other tests after that incident or skip it?

Last edited:
Probably a power profile setting in Windows, like hard drive power down, disable hibernation if you don't use it, eats up drive space in any case.

Last edited:
Literally could be anything, if you cant reproduce the error. I wouldnt worry if unless it happens again.

Hey last question. Somebody said this to me:"check reliability monitor. If software issue it will show what software. If reliability dont show, then is hardware"

So i dont had any entries during that time in reliability. So it was hardware issue like he said or not ?

Hey last question. Somebody said this to me:"check reliability monitor. If software issue it will show what software. If reliability dont show, then is hardware"

So i dont had any entries during that time in reliability. So it was hardware issue like he said or not ?
It's BS.

Last question , i swear. Somebody from tenforums said this to me:"
Many possible causes- you name it, it could happen.
PSU, RAM, disk, timing issues, dodgy hardware, overheating (any evidence?), overclocking (are you?), software bug, mismatched RAM (is all correct and consistent?).... "

So it was because i have dogdy hardware?

PSU, RAM, disk, timing issues, dodgy hardware, overheating (any evidence?), overclocking (are you?), software bug, mismatched RAM (is all correct and consistent?).... "

Hey last question.
you already asked your last. no answer for you!

Yes.
Your hardware is extremely dodgy, but not nearly dodgy enough to prevent you from spamming 4 different forums with the same useless dribble.

If Caps Lock stops working ( keyboard freezed and mouse freezed ) this was hardware issue?

I installed Windows 10 in march 2021. Version was 20H2 in march. I checked now.

But i found on internet,issues with NZXT application freezing machines on 20H2 Windows 10. Maybe it was because of NZXT.yeah

Willing to bet it's undervolting way too low at idle. I had this exact issue. Let me dig up the thread for you a bit later.

Willing to bet it's undervolting way too low at idle. I had this exact issue. Let me dig up the thread for you a bit later.
But it not happened again since March so i doubt its voltage thing. Or maybe voltage one off yeah...who knows. Also now working stable so its ok.

Last edited:
Back