Windows 10 hacked front and back

Soon someone will require my PC to "wear a mask". All systems are vulnerable, just as every instittution is subject to criminals. You can play the game, but if they want what you have, nothing short of compartmentalization of assets (if they don't know you have what they want), and total isolation (can't get to what they want), will keep them from getting what you have.

The question we need to ask ourselves is, how much of what you have are you williing to put at risk. In todays data systems, it's all at risk, no matter what platform it resides on. But you cannot function anymore, as a business or an individual, "off the grid". Unless of course you want to live like Grizzly Adams or the Uni Bomber. So it's a calculated risk, and when it's more profitable to exploit Linux/ Unix outside of a server environment, it will be targeted more. But don't be a fool, everything is targeted for one reason of another, profit is not the only motivator, just ask Iran.

As a "Microsoft user", I've never felt that Microsoft has prevented me from installing whatever I want to on my own computer. Do you have actual evidence to the contrary? If you are okay with surrendering your freedom and allowing your choices to be dictated to you by an app-store, that's okay, you can just admit it. No need to cloud it in some anti-Microsoft fantasy.

Read my post again, your post actually supports what I stated.

Back