Windows 10 Full-Screen Optimization

Hello friends. How are you? Here's hoping that everyone is doing well. This is my first post here. I'd appreciate any feedback you could give me. The purpose of these is to fill a need. There's been a problem with my computer for the past few days. When I try to disable Windows 10 full-screen optimization, it doesn't work. Even after several attempts, the problem remains unchanged. Can anyone make suggestions for this?

Welcome to the forums!

After installing Windows 10 I usually go into settings and turn off all the Xbox stuff in the gaming section. That ought to shut off full screen optimize. If you use any of those features though such as capture or game mode, shutting off the Xbox bar might be enough. Are you looking to disable it globally for everything in Windows? Or just one or two applications?

What steps did you take to attempt to undo FSO? Can you give more details about the problem you are experiencing? Are you using a homebrew desktop pc, laptop, or pre-built from Dell or wal-mart?

Welcome to the forums!

After installing Windows 10 I usually go into settings and turn off all the Xbox stuff in the gaming section. That ought to shut off full screen optimize. If you use any of those features though such as capture or game mode, shutting off the Xbox bar might be enough. Are you looking to disable it globally for everything in Windows? Or just one or two applications?

What steps did you take to attempt to undo FSO? Can you give more details about the problem you are experiencing? Are you using a homebrew desktop pc, laptop, or pre-built from Dell or wal-mart?
Thank you for responding. I'm running Windows 10 on a desktop machine. The first time, I was attempting to resolve a graphic driver issue. Because I assumed the problem stemmed from the graphics. But, with the help of Google, I was able to resolve the problem yesterday. After doing some research on Google, I discovered some solutions [an example of which may be found here]. The majority of solutions recommend removing full-screen optimization from the Registry Editor if you wish to try to disable it. So I use the trick, and now I'm able to do it quickly. Because FPS drops are a major issue for me, I believe they are for others as well.

Back