Windows 10/DX12 broken in 10130 build?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by The Cobra, Jun 7, 2015.

1. The Cobra

The Cobra 2[H]4U

So I decided to test Windows 10 on my home machine (Specs below in sig) I downloaded the 10074 build and DX12 worked great. I then did the inplace upgrade to 10130 build and DX12 seems to be broken. Anyone have any clue as to what has happened?

2. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

I believe the general theory is some things got changed in the newer builds that created problems with amds dx12 drivers and amd just hasn't released a driver that is compatible with the changes Microsoft made...nothing to worry about and i don't blame amd for not getting in terrible rush till after these guys are done making changes (that creates more work for amd)

At this point my thinking is there waiting till rtm build before wasting more time on drivers that will just need to be changed again and again.....even when rtm roles around there should be plenty of time before anything needs dx12 drivers:)

3. CrimsonKnight13

CrimsonKnight13 Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress

I had the same issue with DX12. I wound up rolling back to 10122.

Next build, I hope the drivers & MS code align.

4. The Cobra

The Cobra 2[H]4U

Thx for the replies!!! just didn't know if it was me or a bigger issue. I scanned the guru3d forums after posting here yesterday and found that others are having the same issue with the latest build.