Windows 10, clicking Restart shuts down computer not restart

rudedog89

Limp Gawd
Has anyone ran across an issue where when click on Restart actually shutsdown the computer instead? I have tried googling this issue, but, I find the reverse issue, where people click on shutdown and it restarts.

Guidance greatly appreciated.

Note: This is on my new ryzen 2600 fresh install Windows 10 computer. I don't know if that helps or not.

You talking about the shutdown/restart buttons on the case or using shutdown/restart from within Windows?

Well he says clicks not presses so assume in os. Op, was it doing this as soon as you installed or is it a problem that developed?

Side note: remember when you clicked shut down and had to wait for "it is now safe to turn off your computer" ? That was a long time ago!

This is in windows, the restart shutdown.

Been doing it from the start. Just installed Windows 10 two days ago.

After some testing it doesn't do it every time. It will restart normally or shutdown instead of restart about 50/50.

This happens to me when I overclock ram or CPU, especially with Ryzen. Usually I would dial back the ram one peg and the result would be more stable operation.

Ok great. Glad Im not going nuts. Seemed to always do it when I wasn't paying attention, but, when I tried it and was paying it attention it didn't do it.

Hopefully it will be a fix somewhere down the road.

Thanks

Yeah, I don't think it's shutting down. I think it is restarting, it's just the motherboard is shutting down.

Maybe try resetting motherboard to defaults or posting in your board forums.

Back