Windows 10 Build 10014 Images Show Up Online

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The Russian site WZor has posted the newest version of Windows 10 to escape the Gates of Microsoft so far, but not much has changed to the naked eye, so most of the new build is under the hood, unless of course you count the appearance of a new Trashcan icon. :D

Microsoft is steadily progressing towards a release of Windows 10 later this year and the current target is for the month of June to have all coding completed.

Honestly I think the bigger news is this. http://www.neowin.net/news/gabe-aul-confirms-that-transparency-is-coming-to-windows-10

Because it's about damn time. Still a ton of absolutely unnecessary bullshit in Win 10, but all in all it is at least not a visual nightmare.

Well transparency is a half step; let's face it what people really want is the option to enable Aero, just like during the Windows 8 developer preview before Sinofsky ordered it removed.

But transparency is better than nothing, much as certain metro purists have insisted transparency will never return.

"Search the web and Windows" More cloud crap.

Windows 7 is likely going to be my last Microsoft OS as a result of this.

I wanna know when they're going to clean all that fucking crap off the "start menu".

Seriously. I want a regular fucking start menu, not a popup version of the fucking start screen.

Honestly I think the bigger news is this. http://www.neowin.net/news/gabe-aul-confirms-that-transparency-is-coming-to-windows-10

Because it's about damn time. Still a ton of absolutely unnecessary bullshit in Win 10, but all in all it is at least not a visual nightmare.

Transparency? Where have I seen that before?

screenshot4jq.png

Like I mentioned in previous Windows 10 threads, Microsoft really did go backwards with the GUI and now they are designing flat ugly dull looking icons which looks similar to Windows 3.1 or 95, hell even Windows 98 icons with 16/32 bit colour looks better than this shit.

I know having a visually better looking GUI isn't important, but it really is a turn off.

I've been running Win10 for some time now and I've got used to the GUI. It's a major improvement over 8.1 anyway.

I'm not a huge fan of the flat look either but let's face it - it's windows. You're probably going to hate it in the end anyway, especially if you have to use it at work.

I wanna know when they're going to clean all that fucking crap off the "start menu".

Seriously. I want a regular fucking start menu, not a popup version of the fucking start screen.

I believe the hybrid start menu / metro tiles are to touch-enable the start button. It's not going anywhere except possibly if suppressing it is a setting.

On a related note I wouldn't download any Win10 image that 'pops up' to a Russian site lol.

Like I mentioned in previous Windows 10 threads, Microsoft really did go backwards with the GUI and now they are designing flat ugly dull looking icons which looks similar to Windows 3.1 or 95, hell even Windows 98 icons with 16/32 bit colour looks better than this shit.

I know having a visually better looking GUI isn't important, but it really is a turn off.

Flat dull and ugly is exactly what I want in my OS UI. I don't give a shit about transparency and rounded edges and flip floppy transitions between switching windows. I get into Win7 the first thing I do is switch to classic theme and add text back to the task bar. Whoever at Microsoft thought having a task bar with solely gigantic icons must have been the same dumb motherfucker who though the ribbon was productive.

Flat dull and ugly is exactly what I want in my OS UI. I don't give a shit about transparency and rounded edges and flip floppy transitions between switching windows. I get into Win7 the first thing I do is switch to classic theme and add text back to the task bar. Whoever at Microsoft thought having a task bar with solely gigantic icons must have been the same dumb motherfucker who though the ribbon was productive.

You do realize that as soon as you switch to the classic view, you completely lose any desktop acceleration, right?

You do realize that as soon as you switch to the classic view, you completely lose any desktop acceleration, right?

There are situations in which that doesn't really matter. The GUI doesn't demand a lot out of any reasonably modern PC. There are some battery life and workload implications, but from a system responsiveness perspective the lack of desktop acceleration doesn't adversely impact the user experience.

There are situations in which that doesn't really matter. The GUI doesn't demand a lot out of any reasonably modern PC. There are some battery life and workload implications, but from a system responsiveness perspective the lack of desktop acceleration doesn't adversely impact the user experience.

I will have to disagree with this one. In my experience, the classic view runs very slow in comparison to the Aero desktop. In classic view, it is normal for a window to show up with borders only and then a couple of seconds later, the rest of the window fills in. (Does not seem to matter what hardware it is on either.) I

I will have to disagree with this one. In my experience, the classic view runs very slow in comparison to the Aero desktop. In classic view, it is normal for a window to show up with borders only and then a couple of seconds later, the rest of the window fills in. (Does not seem to matter what hardware it is on either.) I

Weirdness. I've never encountered a two second wait for any UI elements to be drawn on a screen short of remote access of another computer over an iffy kinda link and certainly not with a UI locally with Aero disabled. I do see like a CPU usage difference with taskmgr open when I move an image all over the place for a few moments. There's more CPU activity with Aero turned off and it's more notable on stuff like a C2D T2300 or an Atom n270 processor, but even on the netbook in question, not having Aero enabled doesn't really alter the user experience for me.

I have experienced the exact opposite. On older equipment, I have seen Aero make the interface chug along like that, but Classic View is more responsive. Perhaps it has more to do with video drivers or VRAM (shared vs dedicated)?

I'm glad to see transparency come back, but to be honest, my favorite UI is still Windows 7 Aero Glass. Having transparency in 8.1/10 is just an effect that doesn't make the UI less ugly. I understand that square is the new round (OS X has undergone the same uglification), but that doesn't mean that I like it.

I enjoy the performance that I have seen with 8.1 and the Technical Preview, as they are both very responsive, boot quickly, shutdown quickly, and so far have been crash-free. I just wish they would have kept the rounded theme/three-dimensional presentation. More UI customization options without resorting to third-party tools/hacks would be appreciated.

I don't notice any slowdown on any of the computers I use that are all running the classic theme. In terms of productivity, classic theme easily destroys aero. I cringe whenever I have to use a coworkers desktop and play where's waldo with their task bar.

I always enable quick launch and set taskbar buttons to "never combine" in both 7 and 8. Definitely still prefer Aero, but the flat look of 8 doesn't bother me too much. I have yet to find an instance where I'd voluntarily use Metro.

Back